- Many young adults today find it challenging to perform daily tasks such as cooking meals and changing car tires
- A high school in Kentucky decided to teach students basic life skills by holding an “Adulting Day”
- Seniors got to pick three “adulting” workshops they wanted to attend
If there’s one thing youngsters these days are finding difficult, it’s “adulting”. Many young people feel unequipped going out into the real world – not knowing how to pay bills, manage their finances, or even cook their own meals. And this is the challenge that Bullitt Central High School in Shepherdsville, Kentucky specifically wanted to address – by holding an “Adulting Day” for their students.
What’s an “Adulting Day”, you ask? Basically, it was a special day spent on learning about general, daily-life tasks such as how to pay bills, change tires, and cook simple meals. Aside from these, the students were also taught about general financial literacy, such as the proper use of credit cards. Members of the Army were also invited to provide information to the senior students about a possible career in the military.
Senior students of Bullitt Central High School learn about managing finances
The Bullitt Central High School Family Resource and Youth Services Center invited expert resource persons for the event. The students had a chance to select and attend three out of 11 workshops being offered during the event.
Through the knowledge and skills they learned from the workshops, the organizers hoped that the teens are more prepared about how they can survive in the “real world” after graduating from high school.
The “Adulting Day” of Bullitt Central High School has brought in positive feedback as evidenced by their Facebook post and by the national interest it has gained. Hopefully, more schools will adopt the idea!
If you were to organize an “Adulting Day” of your own, what topics would you like to discuss? Share your thoughts in the comment section!
“The Suicide Forest”- How Aokigahara Earned its Nickname
Aokigahara Forest is a popular tourist destination in Japan, but it has another tragic reputation.
- Located near Mount Fuji, Aokigahara Forest is home to diverse flora and fauna
- It is a popular tourist destination among hikers and people interested in the macabre
- Aside from being known as the "Sea of Trees", it is also notoriously known as the "Suicide Forest"
A Convicted Murderer Who Momentarily Died Says His Life Sentence Has Been Served
American convicted murderer says he’s being imprisoned illegally after a brief “death” at the hospital in 2015.
- In 1996, Benjamin Schreiber was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole after he clubbed a man to death
- In 2015, he briefly "died" in the hospital while being treated for septic shock
- Schreiber claims he is being imprisoned illegally and should be immediately released
China Imposes Curfew For Minors To Combat Video Game Addiction
Some gamers are complaining that the new regulation is “very unfair.”
- China has announced that a new regulation will be imposed to combat video game addiction among minors.
- The policy includes a curfew for gaming, as well as certain limitations for the aoun gamers can spend each month.
- So far, netizens have mixed reactions about it.
Like Us On Facebook
Comic Artist, Who Stands 5-Feet, Shares The Advantages of Being Short
Deadly Chinese Wuhan Virus Speculated to Have Come From Bat Soup
Vice Mayor Claims Lava Stops When Its Wet, Police Wants To Throw Him Into Taal Volcano
Woman Bakes Heart-Shaped Macarons, They Ended Up Looking Like Something Else