Not everyone is fortunate enough to live a good life. Sometimes, when there are no other choices, people will do anything just to put food on the table even if their jobs are very risky. This happens every day to people around the world including the Bangladeshis.
The sewage cleaners in Bangladesh don’t mind dipping into the dirty tunnels around the city just to make the people’s lives easier. Without them, the city will be flooded because of its poor drainage system. However, the sewer cleaners appear to have been paid extremely low with only up to $8 USD a day for doing such hazardous job.
Sewage cleaners do their jobs without any safety gears or equipment
The cleaners spend most of their time in the underground scraping the tunnels so that the waste won’t block the drainage system. Unfortunately, they were never provided with any protective gears to use when they plunge themselves into the filthy tunnels. Apparently, they do it without wearing shirts and use their bare hands in cleaning out the blockages.
The sewer cleaners hold their breaths as soon as they dive into the depths of the tunnels throughout the city with no other equipment to help them clean out waste. They only use a stick to clear out the blockages. With no safety gears or types of equipment used, the workers are obviously in danger when doing their jobs.
They help each other in clearing out the blockages with a stick.
According to a report, roughly 100 sewage cleaners die in Bangladesh every year due to drowning and health problems.
When asked about his job experience, sewage cleaner Binod Lahot said that he can still smell the waste in his body after spending the day. He even eats smelling the foul smell on his hands. Unfortunately, there is no other option for him and he knows that tomorrow when he wakes up, his risky job is waiting for him.
It is with great sadness to see people living hand to mouth just to get through the day. However, for Binod Lahot, it is the only job he has.
Watch the video below.
Newborn Baby Rescued After Being Wrapped In Plastic Bags And Dumped In Garbage Pile
The baby survived despite being covered in plastic bags.
A newborn baby was recently found wrapped in several plastic bags lying in a pile of garbage. Luckily, a group of men was able to find the hidden infant and bring the child to the hospital.
It is unclear how the men knew that a baby was hidden away in the pile of trash. However, it is safe to say that the newborn was lucky enough to be found despite being wrapped tightly in several plastic bags.
It was unclear how long the baby had been wrapped in the plastic bags but it was clearly weakened by the lack of air.
Pet Owner Chases After Dog Thief, Flips His Van and Fights Him With A Machete
The fearless pet owner remarkably saved his stolen pooches from the hands of a suspected dog thief.
They said a dog is the only thing in this world that loves a person more than he loves himself - something that pet owners see as one of the most valued possession they have. True enough, but what if their own pet dogs are in danger?
Recently, an unidentified pet owner from southern China chased after a man who stole his three dogs and fearlessly bumped his car into the rear part of the thief's vehicle. Apparently, what he did caused the suspect to lose control behind the wheel, and the silver minivan tripped over.
The pet owner fights the suspect with a machete.
Burger King Branch Is Shut Down After Shocking Video Shows Rats Inside Bags of Burger Buns
The rats can clearly be seen sampling the bread inside a plastic bag.
The last thing anyone wants to see in their food is a rat. Unfortunately for Burger King in Delaware, someone discovered that rats have been running around freely in their kitchen. A new viral video shows that the pests have been sampling the restaurant's burger buns, causing panic among customers.
Shantel Johnson had posted the brief video on Facebook. The Wilmington resident added a caption warning people to avoid "Burger King on 202" because of an obvious rat infestation. According to Johnson, rats were "running all over their buns." The video led to health inspectors shutting down the restaurant for "gross unsanitary conditions."