- It took months for the avocado to get its certification.
- The family produced something bigger previously, but was not able to certify it.
- Previous record-holder weighed 5.5 pounds.
Another avocado from Hawaii has set the record for the world’s heaviest and can produce 20 servings of guacamole. Weighing 5.6 pounds, the massive fruit has landed a place at the Guinness Book of World Records.
The record-holder was harvested by the Pokini family of Kula in Maui, Hawaii. Couple Mark and Juliane Pokini, along with their son Loihi, planted the tree more than 10 years ago in their homestead in Waiohuli.
The avocado looks bigger than Loihi Pokini’s head.
They applied for the record in December 2018. It took months for the family to have the avocado certified.
They had to consult with a certified horticulturalist, do lots of paperwork, weigh the fruit using a certified scale, and then submit pictures and video as evidence, along with other required documents.
“This avo was about the size of my 12-year-old son’s head,” Mark Pokini told CNN.
This was not the first time that the family attempted to grow a record-holding avocado. In the first part of 2018, they were able to produce one weighing 5.7 pounds but they were not able to get proper verification.
This serves as a lesson for them, which helped greatly on their second attempt.
After getting the avocado’s size documented, the family used it to make guacamole, with portions enough for 20 people. Usually, 10 avocados are needed to make enough for that number of people.
The Pokini family plans to top their own record and grow bigger avocados, with harvest season just right around the corner this December.
The previous record holder was a 5.5 pounder grown by Felicidad Pasalo of Hilo, Hawaii. Other large avocados were also grown last year in other parts of the world. Some which weighed under 4 pounds were grown in Australia. They were nicknamed “Avozillas” because they were five times bigger than the regular-size avocado.
Anti-Vaxx Parents Go Wild After New York Bans Unvaccinated Children From Going To School
It’s a matter of choice: to school or not to school for anti-vaxx families of New York.
- The State of New York has developed a serious measles outbreak in 30 years.
- Local government issued a mandatory vaccination for school-aged children and bans unvaccinated kids from getting in schools.
- Anti-vaxx parents weren't pleased and staged several protests to try and stop the New York ban.
Teen Activist Slams World Leaders For ‘Betraying Young People’ In Her Emotional Speech
The angry teen didn’t sugarcoat her message!
- Greta Thunberg, a young climate activist from Sweden, recently addressed world leaders at the United Nations Climate Action Summit.
- Videos of her speech has since went viral on social media.
- Her emotional message was a real eye-opener for all the listeners.
Indonesia Forest Fire Turns Skies Into Ominous Post-Apocalyptic Red
The fires are still blazing until now!
- New photos from a village in Indonesia reveal that the skies are turning blood red as a dangerous side effect from the forest fires.
- The red hue is caused by harmful pollutants being expelled into the air.
- Neighboring countries like Malaysia and the Philippines are also seeing a thick grey smog in the skies.
Like Us On Facebook
Filipino Priests Are Using Crosses and Holy Water to “Exorcise” COVID-19
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”
Stray Cat Carries Her Sick Kitten to the Hospital and the Medics Rush to Help
Scary Video Shows Alligator Climbing A Fence
Men Are More Effective Grocery Shoppers Than Women In Times During COVID-19, Japanese Official Says
Aggressive Cannibal Rats Are On The Loose In The US Amidst Pandemic, CDC Warns
Woman Strips Off Underwear and Wears It As Face Mask After She Was Refused Service
New UK Law Makes All Adults in England Automatically Organ Donors
- Inspiring5 days ago
Boy Weeps With Joy At His First McDonald’s Meal After Months of Lockdown
- News4 days ago
Anti-Parasitic Drug Killed COVID-19 Within 48 Hours, Australian Scientists Discovered
- People5 days ago
Woman Completes 20 Courses from Major Universities While In Quarantine
- People4 days ago
Parents Shocked After 8-Week-Old Baby Learns To Stand Up On Her Own