Connect with us

OMG

Dad Opens Up Top of His Son’s Sippy Cup and Discovers Why He Keeps Getting Sick

Be warned, your children’s sippy cups may turn out to be deadly…

Dondi Tiples

Posted

(

)

A A A

A dad from Quebec, Canada was wondering why his toddler kept getting sick. There wasn’t a flu going around and there hadn’t been any government advisory about a virus targeting children.

On a hunch, Simon O’kanada examined his son’s Tommee Tippee sippy bottle. After breaking open the cup’s anti-spill guard, he discovered something that thoroughly grossed him out and made him extremely mad at the same time.

Simon O’kanada wondered why his son kept getting sick.

022616 sippy cup feature

So he broke the anti-spill top of this “Tommee Tippee” bottle and discovered something utterly disgusting!

022616 sippy cup 1

It turns out, the product’s leak proof anti-spill guard was built sealed shut, and no amount of cleaning, either in the dishwasher or by hand, could remove the build-up inside. It had to be broken open to see the inside…

The Tommee Tippee sippy cup was chock full of mold!

022616 sippy cup 3

Eventually, moisture, sour milk, and other child beverages caused the formation of grey, goopy, illness-causing mold:

022616 sippy cup 2

O’kanada called the company to complain, but according to him, the lady who answered his call simply laughed.

Incensed, he shared photos of the moldy Tommy Tippee anti-spill guard online, and was aghast to find out that countless other parents, suspicious of their children’s sippy cups, broke open the anti-spill guards and found mold build-up, as well.

The photos of these different mold-filled sippy cups went viral on social media, placing the international baby products manufacturer in hot water.

022616 sippy cup 4

Source: facebook.com

022616 sippy cup 5

Source: facebook.com

Mold is potentially dangerous and can cause a variety of symptoms, including shortness of breath, gastrointestinal problems, fatigue, immune system disturbances, headaches, visual problems, muscle and joint pain, and in some severe cases, even death!

Finding mold in children’s sippy cup components that would be impossible to remove even with thorough and regular washing caused a deluge of complaints from horrified parents.

Tommee Tippee issued a statement apologizing for the inconvenience and assured worried parents they were working on the problem. They have also offered to replace the defective sippy cups with an alternative product.

Still, this horror story about children’s sippy cups should serve as a warning to parents about choosing their baby products wisely.

It could mean life or death for your child…

022616 sippy cup 6

Source: Facebook

H/T: Buzzfeed

View Comments

News

Johnson & Johnson Ordered To Pay $72M for Cancer Case Linked to Talcum Powder

Time to remove one item from the grocery list!

Mark Andrew

Published

on

Powder users, beware!

According to a recent news published by Reuters, “Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) was ordered by a Missouri state jury to pay $72 million of damages to the family of a woman whose death from ovarian cancer was linked to her use of the company's talc-based Baby Powder and Shower to Shower for several decades.”

The verdict was announced last Monday by jurors of the St. Louis circuit court. The lawyers and the court records indicated that the family of Jacqueline Fox has received $10 million for actual damages plus $62 for punitive damages.

Continue Reading

OMG

These Baffling Events Are Making People Believe That We Are Living in The End Times

Natural phenomena or signs of the end times?

Ann Moises

Published

on

Is the world really coming to an end? Will it happen soon? Earthquakes; the emergence of new, deadlier viruses; strange noises coming from the sky---these events have been happening more and more frequently these days. And people couldn't help but think about the apocalypse.

The spine-chilling video below is a compilation of the most recent occurrences that transpired across the globe. And, if you'd really pay attention, you might find them quite disturbing.

Some people would probably think that they're natural disasters. Scientists may have also offered "logical" explanations for them. But, some of these incidents remain unexplained.

Continue Reading

OMG

Here We Go Again: Guy Pulls Shark From Water To Pose For Photos

You’d think selfie-lovers would’ve learned by now. But no…

Mark Andrew

Published

on

Just a week ago, we shared with you that heartbreaking story about the baby dolphin that unfortunately died from dehydration after beachgoers in an Argentine resort passed it around for, well, a selfie opportunity. And there's the news about 2 peacocks that died after Chinese tourists Passed it around for selfies

Needless to say, that was a very cringe-worthy piece of news that you’d think people would actually learn from it.

Sadly, humans are hard-headed. Well, some of us anyway.

Continue Reading

Popular