As humans, our ability to recognize objects begins to form at a very young age, practically as soon as our eyes can focus. However, things can easily masquerade themselves as other stuff, and it’s really quite funny.
There are so many photos that prove how the different things around us can be the same, but our eyes could see them as something else. Here are 30 things that look like other things at first glance.
1. The corrosion on this water tap looks like a map.
2. These Coatis look like a herd of mini Brachiosaurus strolling around.
3. “The picture of a frozen puddle in my backyard looks like a landscape from the perspective of a plane.”
4. “At the time of washing, he looks like a Polar Bear.”
5. The fog made the stadium look like a UFO.
6. Half of Boxing photos look like gay weddings.
7. “The view from my house looks like a painting.”
8. A cloud that looks like a feather.
Leonardo da Vinci once said:
“If you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills.
You will also be able to see diverse combats and figures in quick movement, and strange expressions of faces, and outlandish costumes, and an infinite number of things which you can then reduce into separate and well-conceived forms.”
9. The inside of a cheese grater looks like the backdrop to a P.Diddy music video.
10. This ice looks like an eye.
11. These flowers look like a group of tiny 3D-rendered chickens wearing glasses and holding a cake.
12. “My friend’s cow looks like outer space.”
13. High definition photo of the blood vessels in the human eye look eerily like a forest.
14. “I almost had a heart attack this morning.”
15. This boiled egg that exploded while cooking looks like a snail.
16. “This jellyfish I caught a picture of, looking like it’s in space.”
17. This bale of hay looks like a hole in the ground.
Salvador Dali, who was a Spanish draftsman, would sometimes place an image on his canvas, and allow its form to suggest another that he would then paint within the first form, producing a double-image. This had often been done in the past as well. For instance, by the 16th-century Italian Mannerist, Arcimboldo.
But in this regard, Dali was special. He would not stop. The great surrealist would repeat the process until he had produced triple and quadruple images. For him, the possibilities were endless.
18. The snow on top of this mountain that looks like a lizard.
19. Pumpkin looks like a watermelon shaped like an apple.
20. Took a photo of my parents dog, she looks like a wall mount.
21. Buses carrying pilgrims in Mecca look like cassette tapes.
22. This rock cross section looks like the ocean.
23. Thought this snowbank looked like a mountain range.
24. This paper three times printed on by a malfunctioning printer, looks like it’s full of ancient hieroglyphs.
25. This tinned peach half in syrup looks like a massive cracked egg.
26. A bit of toothpaste that looks like a baby monkey holding onto my toothbrush.
27. Fallen down tree in Elliot looks like a dragon.
28. “Photo I took of a lake through the else of binoculars looks like a planet.”
29. “My friend’s smoked cauliflower looks like an explosion.”
30. “When your travel pillow makes you look like Shakespeare.”
Interestingly, researchers from the University of Helsinki in Finland have found that religious people and those who believed in paranormal phenomena saw faces where there weren’t any more often than the non-religious and the skeptics. In one part of the test, the subjects had rated the face-likeness and emotional expression of the faces they saw.
The set of supernatural believers was more likely than the skeptics to rate the illusory features as very face-like and emotional. I guess this explains at least a few of those UFO or Big Foot sightings that some people swear by.
People Realize They Have Astigmatism Because Of Viral Photo
Do you have astigmatism? These photos will prove it!
We mostly rely on our sight, hence the saying, "I'll believe it when I see it." However, a set of interesting comparison photos is going viral for showing people that they can't always believe their eyes. The pictures show how someone with astigmatism would view the world. Not surprisingly, netizens are realizing that they have the condition.
30 People Who Got Lucky At Thrift Stores, Flea Markets And Garage Sales
These awesome finds might inspire you to look closely when visiting a thrift shop!
People usually go to thrift shops and garage sales to take advantage of items that other people no longer need. However, some of these flea market finds can actually turn out to be quite amazing. Some lucky shoppers can end up with some hidden treasures that other people have decided to discard.
Hugging Your Children Can Bring Them Lifelong Benefits
Parents, keep hugging your little ones!
When a baby is born, one of the first things that medical professionals do is to let the mother hold the child. That first skin-to-skin contact is crucial, which the World Health Organization labels as "life-saving," allows the newborn to benefit not only from the mother's warmth but also her protective bacteria.