- A young mother was given an unexpected life lesson by her own little daughter.
- The three-year-old showed her mom the true meaning of forgiveness.
- People have praised the young girl for the simple yet clever way she explained how forgiveness truly works.
Sometimes the truly important lessons in life could come from the most unlikely sources. For instance, a young mother learned the true meaning of forgiveness from her three-year-old daughter and it’s a lesson that will melt your heart.
Mary Katherine Backstrom is a blogger and mother of two who regularly shares interesting stories about raising her children. However, it was an unexpected lesson from three-year-old Holland that had people realizing that they had completely misunderstood what forgiveness is truly about. Backstrom’s Facebook post revealed that she and her daughter “had a knock-down, drag-out bedtime hour” that left them both exhausted. Nevertheless, Holland wasn’t going to let her mom go without a final word.
In the post, Backstrom revealed that she had already put the little girl down for bed. However, Holland wasn’t ready to say goodnight just yet. She crossly told her mother that she had one more thing to say.
“’Mommy,’ my three year old said, staring me down with venom in her tiny voice… “’I FORGIVE YOU!!!’
After her outburst, Holland reportedly collapsed into tears in her bed. Backstrom went over to comfort her daughter and then questioned whether Holland truly understood what forgiveness meant. Amazingly, the child’s response was wise beyond her years.
“’It means you were wrong, and I’m tired of being mad, and now I’m going to sleep and my heart won’t have a tummy ache.’”
Backstrom concluded the post by explaining how she truly felt when her daughter gave her a lesson in forgiveness.
“Tonight I was taught a lesson in forgiveness by a three year old. It was a gut punch, too. And you’re dang right I climbed in that bed and loved on her. Because to be honest, MY heart had a bit of a tummy ache. I was reminded by my toddler to never go to bed in anger. Because when you do, your heart will have a tummy ache.”
Holland having fun with her brother.
It’s easy to say that you forgive a person. However, you can never truly forgive someone if you’re still going to bed angry and with a tummy ache in your heart.
Young Girl Comforts Sick Brother Battling Leukaemia In Heartbreaking Photo
It’s a sweet yet heartbreaking moment for the siblings.
- A young girl is proving that she is the best sister when she comforted her sick brother in a heartbreaking photo.
- The image shows the little boy having to vomit as a side effect from chemotherapy.
- Luckily, his sister was there to comfort him and make sure he was feeling better afterwards.
Nigerian Couple Breaks Tradition By Indicating ‘No Reception’ On Their Wedding Invitation
Despite not having a reception, they received a wonderful surprise.
- Adewale and Blessing agreed on not having a wedding reception
- The Nigerian couple has gone viral for their clever and practical idea.
- However, they ended up with a heartwarming surprise later on their wedding day.
Man Secretly Proposes To Girlfriend For A Month And She Never Noticed
She was entirely clueless the whole time!
- A guy recently went viral for his unique way of proposing to his girlfriend.
- Edi Okoro wanted to pop the question to his girlfriend Cally Read.
- He did it by taking a bunch of random photos with his girlfriend and the diamond ring in the background.
- She later said yes - and he never got caught!
Like Us On Facebook
Woman Bakes Heart-Shaped Macarons, They Ended Up Looking Like Something Else
Helicopters Drop Food For Hungry Animals Who Survived Australian Wildfire
Sweet Filipina Woman Proposes To Her Boyfriend – And He Said Yes!
People are Outraged at Wendy Williams for Mocking Joaquin Phoenix’s “Cleft Lip”