Connect with us

Health

X-Ray Photo Of Grape Stuck In Child’s Throat Warns Parents About Deadly Choking Hazards

The child was lucky that the grape was removed right away!

Nobelle Borines

Posted

(

)

A A A

There’s a good reason why parents are told to be careful about what they feed a small child. An X-ray photo is currently making its rounds on the internet. The image features a familiar-looking object lodged in the throat of a young child. It evidently shows a whole grape blocking the child’s airway.

The picture was shared on Facebook by Australian blogger Angela Henderson, who is also a psychologist, sociologist, and advocate for child development. In her post, Henderson wrote that the fruit “was lodged in the top of a five-year-old’s airway” and he “had to be operated on under general anesthetic to remove the grape.” Henderson pointed out that the child was “VERY lucky that part of his airway was open.”

The X-ray clearly shows how the grape was lodged in the child’s throat.

Henderson confirmed that the X-ray was provided by a pediatrician and the child’s mother consented in sharing the photo to raise awareness. She pointed out that toddlers and young children still need help with their food and warned parents about choking hazards.

“Please be mindful that not all kids chew their food, are in a rush at school to get in the playground etc. Please be careful. And when in doubt just cut the damn grapes, baby tomatoes etc.”

Henderson’s post has been shared thousands of times as parents worried about food that could be potential choking hazards.

Whole grapes are not the only potential choking hazards for young kids.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has released a list of foods that could cause choking and should not be given to children below four years old. Not surprisingly, the list includes whole grapes.

The list includes hot dogs, nuts and seeds, chunks of meat or cheese, hard or sticky candy, popcorn, and chunks of raw vegetables. In addition to that, items like buttons and coins were listed as potentially dangerous to small children.

The child in the X-ray photo managed to survive but parents should always be careful with the food they give their children.

View Comments

Health

4 Surprising Ways You Have Been Spreading Germs To Others

#4 is a shocker!

Nobelle Borines

Published

on

Nobody likes getting sick. It makes you feel horrible and the flu can be easily passed on to our loved ones. However, we might be spreading germs without even knowing it. Even the smallest actions can actually spread germs in surprising ways.

Got a birthday coming up? Think twice before blowing out your candles if you're feeling ill. The little tradition actually gets bacteria all over the birthday cake, which is then sliced and shared with others. If you thought that was surprising, check out the four other ways you have been spreading your germs to others.

1. Avoiding Flu Shots

Continue Reading

Health

Woman Documents Herself Dying From Rare Disease In Effort To Legalize Euthanasia

“The unfortunate reality for me is that this condition will eventually make life unbearable for me and I want a safe and reliant option to end my life when I am ready.”

Nobelle Borines

Published

on

Most people want to live a long happy life or even achieve immortality. However, one Australian woman just wants to die. She is currently fighting to legalize euthanasia in her country. To do so, she has documented herself slowly dying from a rare disease that has no cure.

Holly Warland is just like every other 27-year-old who loves to post photos of herself on Instagram. However, Warland's pictures don't use filters of any kind. She is determined to show people what it's like to live with a disability that has left her bed-ridden and weak.

"My condition is so rare that when I tell the doctors what’s wrong with me, I’m often left with blank stares."

Continue Reading

Health

Toddler In Forward-Facing Car Seat Was ’Internally Decapitated’ After Car Crash

“She will never be able to do sports or tumbling, riding horses – or cheerleading even.”

Avatar

Published

on

Tanya Bender was left devastated after a car accident left her two-year-old granddaughter “internally decapitated” two years ago. The toddler’s skull detached from her spine after the vehicle she was traveling in with her mom struck a brick pillar and overturned in Central Point, Oregon.

Tanya has created the group Keeping Littles Safe In Car Seats on the social media platform and shares regular posts about her granddaughter Aniyah. This concerned grandmother’s effort is to help raise awareness of the risks of using forward-facing car seats for children who are too small for them.

Continue Reading

Popular