- Christina Pomfrey, 65, has been arrested for faking her blindness and being wheelchair-bound.
- She has scammed the government more than £1 million for the past 15 years.
A 65-year-old woman from England has been folling the governmennt and her husband all along. According to reports, Christina Pomfrey of Runcorn, Cheshire has managed to steal a total of over £1 million for the past 15 years after faking her blindness and being wheelchair-bound.
Apparently, Christina stole the personal details of her sister, daughter-in-law and even her husband’s deceased first wife. As a result of the fraud, she was receiving up to £13,000 each month out of disability living allowance, housing benefit, and income support.
60-year-old John Pomfrey, Christina’s third husband, eventually confessed that he was entirely clueless about her illegal activities.
According to John, he met Christina at a disco in Lincolnshire. They eventually tied the knot. In an interview with the Daily Mail, he shared:
“People think I must have known what she was up to and where all the money went, but the answer to both is I don’t have a clue. She has destroyed my life and I cannot forgive her. She is the craftiest woman I have ever known.”
He also added that when they met, she claimed to be a millionaire who had seven newsagents across Liverpool. Months after their initial meeting, she even purchased an MG car for him. They also went on lavish vacations, with her funding the trips.
“I insisted I wanted to pay half after the first couple of times. I now think she picked on me because I was another name, in another county, that she could use for her cons. I feel a fool,” he said.
Authorities placed Christina under surveillance in 2017 as they followed her around to observe her daily routine, confirming she didn’t have any physical disabilities.
She immediately pleaded “guilty of everything” upon her arrest and has since been sentenced to a jail time of 3 years and 8 months.
Muslim Woman Files Complaint After Starbucks Barista Wrote ‘ISIS’ On Her Cup
“I felt humiliated, I felt enraged, I felt belittled.”
- Aishah, a 19-year-old Muslim woman in the United States, has filed a complaint against a Starbucks worker for writing "ISIS" on her cup instead of her name.
- She felt "enraged, humiliated, and belittled" because of the incident.
- The manager of the shop, however, saw "no issue" in the incident, saying baristas "get (customers') names wrong all the time."
“Starbucks Karen” Who Shamed a Barista for Asking Her to Wear a Mask Wants Half of the $100,000 Tip He Got From Supporters
“They’re using my name, they’re using my face, and they’re slandering me.”
- Lenen Gutierrez refused to serve Amber Lynn Gilles because she was not wearing a mask.
- His supporters started a GoFundMe campaign, which accummulated $100,000 as "tip" for him.
- Gilles said she deserved to get at least half of the cash because her name and face was being used.
Huge 450-Pound Fish Pulls 2 Anglers Off Their Boat
Now that’s an unforgettable catch!
- A group of friends went fishing on Cape Coral, Florida and it turned out to be an unforgettable experience.
- They spotted a massive Goliath Grouper and the fish pulled two anglers off their boat.
- They successfully caught the big fish later on and their video ended up going viral on social media.
Like Us On Facebook
New Snapchat Filter Transforms Your Dogs Into Disney Characters
Nurse Evicted from Boarding House After Telling Landlady She Has Covid-19
90-Year-Old Grandfather Came Out as Gay During the Pandemic
Devoted Husband Succumbs to Coronavirus After Visiting Wife on Deathbed
- News6 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Art5 days ago
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie
- History5 days ago
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World