Acupuncture has been used over centuries as an effective alternative medicine. However, a different version of it led to the death of a woman in Spain.
The woman underwent a ‘Bee Acupuncture’, wherein live bees are used instead of the traditional needles. In this method, bee venom is introduced into the skin to treat a variety of illnesses.
Bee acupuncture uses bee stings instead of needles.
Apparently, the woman was allergic to the bee venom, leading to a fatal complication – anaphylactic shock.
The case, which was reported in the Journal of Investigational Allergology and Clinical Immunology, states that the woman, 55 years old, has been going through the bee acupuncture sessions every four weeks over a two-year period for her stiff neck and stress.
She had no allergic reactions to the therapy in the past for two years.
However, after one particular session, she developed adverse reactions right after a live bee sting.
According to the report, she developed difficulty of breathing, wheezing, and sudden loss of consciousness.
The clinic immediately called an ambulance but it took them 30 minutes to arrive. The woman was brought to the hospital where she died some weeks later.
Apparently, during the woman’s anaphylactic shock, her blood pressure had drastically dropped, causing a massive watershed stroke and permanent coma. She died of multiple organ failure.
Bee acupuncture falls in bee therapy or apitherapy.
Bee therapy, also called, apitherapy, is the traditional and medicinal use of products created by honeybees like bee venom, pollen, honey, and beeswax to treat certain illnesses.
Paula Vazquez-Revuelta and Ricardo Madrigal-Burgaleta of the Ramon y Cajal University Hospital in Spain, co-authors of the report, said:
“To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of death by bee venom apitherapy due to complications of severe anaphylaxis in a confirmed sensitized patient who was previously tolerant.”
However, the doctors said that previous tolerance to bee stings does not mean that a person can’t have an allergic reaction in the future. It does not prevent a hypersensitivity reaction. Worse, repeated exposure to the allergen was discovered to have a greater risk of severe allergic reactions, which are potentially fatal.
Boy Dies When His Sinus Infection Traveled To The Brain
The doctors said that the sinus infection will clear on its own.
Everyone experiences symptoms of simple colds and usually, they brush these symptoms off. However, you might take colds seriously now as a 13-year-old boy died from a sinus infection that traveled to his brain.
Marquel Brumley from Flint, Michigan experienced a headache and cold symptoms weeks before his untimely death. At first, the young boy was taken to an urgent care center in February due to simple colds.
The doctors who saw the boy said that since colds are caused by a virus, it will clear on its own.
Woman Celebrates 30th Birthday by Having “Funeral” for her Youth
R.I.P. to my youth!
Turning 30 is indeed a big milestone in life and so many people mark the occassion with a bang. One woman, however, decided to celebrate her 30th birthday in a very unique way.
Meet Mila Blatova. She recently hit the big 30 and she went viral because of her one-of-a-kind party. What did she do, you ask? Well she commemorated her birthday by holding a “funeral” for her youth!
Wearing all black from head to toe, complete with black lipstick and black balloons, Mila Blatova is mourning the death of her youth.
Man Who Kicked Woman As Part of Video Prank Ordered to Pay £50,000 Compensation
The sick bastard got what he deserved.
Call it crazy but a guy really kicked a woman in the back of her legs – as a prank – just so he can create a viral video. Although the footage really went viral, the dude is in for some serious trouble. That is because he is being forced to pay £52,500 in compensation.
This wannabe prankster is none other than Mario Garcia Montealegre. He was caught doing a “kung-fu-style” kick on an unsuspecting woman. It all happened in the Diagonal Mar area of Barcelona, Spain.