- A photo featuring sled dogs walking on melted ice water recently went viral.
- A journalist said the image should “scare the hell out” of us all.
- Alaska and Greenland are experiencing record temperatures and early summer meltings.
The effect of global warming is everywhere but perhaps the more glaring evidence is where most of the world’s ice are. Recently, a photo of sled dogs leisurely trudging along melted Arctic ice waters in Greenland has gone viral.
Scientists say it’s depiction of the alarming effects of global warming. The photo was taken by Steffen Olsen, a researcher from the Centre for Ocean and Ice at the Danish Meteorological Institute.
It shows two teams of dogs pulling ice and snow sleds through ankle-deep waters, which melted from the ice sheet in Greenland’s Inglefield Bredning fjord.
Freelance writer Robin Hamilton commented on the photo:
“This is beautiful the way fiery balls of lava are beautiful: deadly.”
Olsen was part of an expedition team for retrieval of research equipment. However, they encountered way more than they expected.
According to a report from The Washington Post.
“Data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center show that the Greenland ice sheet appears to have witnessed its biggest melt event so early in the season on record this week (although a few other years showed similar mid-June melting),” the report said.
Journalist John Iadarola shared the photo via Twitter, complete with a quiet warning about the effect of climate change.
Recently, arctic regions are going through summer meltings that are way earlier than anticipated, in comparison to previous years.
Alaska and Greenland are experiencing record temperatures.
Environmental writer Andy Rowell, in his writing for Oil Change International, said that “Arctic scientists are speaking out with increasing alarm at what they are seeing, and as they keep repeating ‘what happens in the Arctic doesn’t stay in the Arctic.'”
Maine Restaurant Gets Lobsters High On Pot Before Cooking
Would you eat a lobster that’s stoned on pot?
- A lobster restaurant is trying to sedate crustaceans before boiling them by getting them high on marijuana.
- The technique reportedly relaxes the lobsters so they don't feel pain when dropped in boiling water.
- The restaurant owner claims that eating these stoned lobsters will not make the customer high.
10 ‘Junk’ Items That Turned Out To Be Worth A Fortune
You never know when and where you’ll find a treasure!
They say one man's trash is another man's treasure. This is especially true with some things that people originally thought were junk but actually turned out to be worth a fortune.
Graffiti Artist Turns Huge Beach Rock Into A Great White Shark And People Are Loving It
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water!
- A graffiti artist came across a sharp protruding rock in a beach in Goa and inspiration immediately struck.
- Jimmy Swift decided to turn the rock into a shark similar to the iconic poster of 'Jaws'.
- Not surprisingly, people are loving it and have been taking pictures with the 'shark'.
Like Us On Facebook
Cleaning Your Phone Can Help You Prevent Coronavirus, Says Experts
Middle-Age People Share Their Success Stories On Twitter – And Its Truly Inspiring!
Japan Gives 2,000 Free iPhones to Ship Passengers Stranded Because of Coronavirus
112-Year-Old Japanese is the Oldest Man in the World, Says His Secret is Always Smiling and Not Getting Angry
Gaming Has No Future? 27-Year-Old Gamer Buys A Mustang In His Slippers
Wuhan Lady Intentionally Spits on Doorknob Where 30 People Are Infected
Mom Breaks Down In Tears After Seeing Deceased Daughter in Virtual Reality
Disturbing Footages Reveal People Spitting on Elevator Buttons in China Amid Covid-19 Outbreak