- A World War II veteran attended the 75th anniversary of D-Day in France with an interesting story to tell.
- He revealed that he fell in love with a French girl in a small village but had never been able to see her again.
- Luckily, the woman was tracked down and the lovers were finally reunited 75 years after they first met.
How’s this for an amazing love story? A 97-year-old American veteran who once served during World War II has just been reunited with the love of his life. The nonagenarian was delighted to know that the 92-year-old French lady he fell in love with 75 years ago was up for the reunion.
KT Robbins was only 24 years old when he was stationed by the US Army in the northeastern French town of Briey in 1944. Although he was sad to be away from home, he soon well in love with a local 18-year-old girl Jeannine Ganaye. The two were happy for two months until Robbins had to leave the village, but not before making a promise to come back for Jeannine. Today, he is making good on his promise, 75 years after their last meeting.
It took 75 years before Robbins could be reunited with the love of his life.
After the war, Robbins was sent back to the US and never got the chance to return to Briey. Nevertheless, he met and married a lady named Lillian and they were together for 70 years. Unfortunately, Lillian passed away in 2015.
Jeannine waited for Robbins for a long time but eventually got married in 1949. She has five children and now goes by the name Jeannine Pierson. Still, she continued to think about the handsome young soldier who promised to return.
Robbins and Pierson during their younger years.
Luckily, the two lovers would soon be reunited during the 75th anniversary of D-Day in Normandy. Robbins was in attendance and told journalists about his story. Amazingly, they managed to track down Pierson and arranged the long-awaited reunion.
Pierson couldn’t believe that Robbins has finally returned.
The reunion between Robbins and Pierson was brief but the two certainly had the journalists swooning. “I always loved you. You never got out of my heart,” he told his beloved, who was happy to be reunited with her man.
Robbins soon had to leave so he could attend the D-Day event. However, the widower promised his widowed childhood sweetheart that they will soon meet again.
Watch the amazing reunion below:
Meet Cassandra de Pecol, the First Woman to Visit Every Country on Earth…and She’s Just 27!
Her Instagram account is to die for!
- She has reached all 193 sovereign nations within 18 months and 26 days.
- Her journey cost her almost $200,000. She has received financial help from sponsors.
- Cassie is also an author, speaker, philanthropist, AND an Ironman athlete!
Married for 25 Years, Bill and Melinda Gates Still Wash Dishes Together Every Night
It’s been one of the secrets of their strong marriage.
- Bill and Melinda Gates have been married for 25 years.
- Despite their wealth, the couple takes time to do the dishes every night.
- The tradition has helped keep their marriage strong.
Instagram Couple Beg Fans to Fund Their Lavish Trip Because Working Isn’t An Option
They don’t think getting a job is an option!
- Two Instagram influencers are hoping to go to Africa despite being unemployed.
- The couple known as Cat and Eli decided to start a fundraiser begging their followers to raise more than $11,000 for the trip.
- The two are now being criticized for the act, pointing out that the man's mother is working to finance their lifestyle.