Connect with us

People

Teens Sent to Hospital After Eating Gummy Bears Laced with Drugs

Eleven teens suffered from hallucinations, rapid heart rate, blurred vision and leg pain after eating gummy bears.

Parents beware. Those colorful and cute-looking sweets may pose threat to your children. About a dozen of teenagers in Northwest Indiana fell ill after eating drug-laced gummy bears.

According to the police report, the sweets contained active ingredient in cannabis. The THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) content in the gummy bears was very strong that the teenagers reported having hallucinations, rapid heart rate, blurred vision and leg pain.

They look like ordinary gummy bears but they contain high levels of THC, the main mind-altering ingredient in marijuana.

Source: ABC

The teenagers were having a camping trip on the day of the incident. The police said a 19-year-old guy was the first to call emergency saying he is feeling unwell. He added that his friends have gone missing after eating the gummy bears.

The responding officers later found 10 other teenagers, six young men and five young women, all aged 18 to 19 suffering similar effects as the guy in a house on County Road 325 in Northwest Indiana. They were all immediately taken to the hospital and are now believed to have recovered.


La Porte County Sheriff, Capt. Kellems told ABC each of the teens ate only half a gummy bear.

“The strength is so strong that it caused an adverse reaction in 11 people – not one person, not three – it wasn’t just a small batch or a bad batch.”

Capt. Kellems added they were allarmed by the incident

Source: ABC

“You know when you put a can of Coke in front of me and I know I’m going to drink 16 ounces of Coca Cola, you know what’s in it. When you take something that is made and manufactured in a state that unfortunately allows this type of thing, you don’t know what you’re getting.”

The incident sparked fears to law officers and parents that these harmful items might end up in the hands of younger children.

“I have kids myself so I would be concerned a kid brings it to school, I mean it looks like gummy bears,” said parent Stacey Hastis.

Investigators believe that the gummy bears came from a state where marijuana is legal and then was brought to Indiana.

19 Comments

  1. RolandMae Zanaty

    July 21, 2017 at 3:02 AM

    Althea Zanaty

  2. Edzel Pontillas Pornias

    July 19, 2017 at 4:21 AM

    Aries Reyes

  3. Offenberger Maricris

    July 19, 2017 at 1:16 AM

    We prefer Haribo Brand Coz its really fruity
    Actuallt it helps me during my pregnancy to stop nausea
    It really helps alot
    I dont know nowadays theres many fake gummy bears that maybe cause problem.

  4. Allan Maligalig

    July 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM

    Garth Spanninga 🤤

  5. Brence Manguiat

    July 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM

    Ara Padua

  6. Brence Manguiat

    March 5, 2018 at 4:10 PM

    Ara Padua

  7. Jennel Ria

    July 18, 2017 at 6:14 AM

    James Bernard Romero

  8. Jennel Ria

    March 5, 2018 at 4:10 PM

    James Bernard Romero

  9. Anna Malejcik-Egan

    July 18, 2017 at 12:26 AM

    First of all…sad that hapened but as someone commented before…they knew what they were buying cz those gummy bears weremt originally packed guarantee. So hope they learned not to ecperimemt any more with drugs.

  10. Andrew Hickory Iomc Jackson

    July 17, 2017 at 8:33 PM

    Most likely thc mixed with dmt if that’s the case nothing that will kill you. Probably lasted a short bit of time. O well dumbasses should have done better at seeing what they were getting in to

  11. Shannon Swisher

    July 17, 2017 at 6:57 PM

    It was synthetics and they knew they bought drugs, they were mistaken on which drug they bought. Irregardless, still a bad situation. Terrified parents, terrified kids, taxed the emergency services, community scared…..

  12. Frank Zen John Nibler

    July 17, 2017 at 5:42 PM

    People that poison kids candy need to be shot !

  13. Kerri Johnston

    July 17, 2017 at 3:58 PM

    Pretty sure there was more than THC in those gummies.

  14. Jennifer Kudluk

    July 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM

    Omg

  15. Glynda Pellas

    July 17, 2017 at 1:41 PM

    Ava

  16. Limthony Kalikot

    July 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM

    Meah Mii

  17. Kerri Johnston

    March 5, 2018 at 4:10 PM

    Pretty sure there was more than THC in those gummies.

  18. Glynda Pellas

    March 5, 2018 at 4:10 PM

    Ava

  19. Limthony Kalikot

    March 5, 2018 at 4:10 PM

    Meah Mii

People

19-Year-Old Who Sold Virginity Online Reveals Shocking Allegations About What Happened

Things are not what they seem to be, according to this woman.

After then-18-year-old Aleexandra Kefren sold her virginity online, more girls are apparently calling Cinderella Escorts to sell theirs. But a year after, Kefren went out and claimed the truth wasn't what the media thought it would be.

The Romanian model first appeared on "This Morning" and explained why she was selling her virginity to a complete stranger. She posted her ad on a site called Cinderella Escorts for one million Euros.

...
Continue Reading

People

19-Year Old Man Marries 72-Year Old Woman Just 2 Weeks After Meeting Her

It was definitely a whirlwind romance!

If Cupid is true, then he is truly one mischievous being. History is filled with tales about pairings of very unlikely couples and certainly, the love story between 19-year old Gary Hardwick and 72-year old grandma Almeda Errell is one fine example.

This beautiful couple from Maryville, Tennessee cites true love and deep connection as the reasons why they decided to tie the knot just two weeks after a whirlwind romance. Teenager Hardwick first met Errell, who is 53 years his senior, at a party and he was instantly attracted to the gorgeous woman.

...
Continue Reading

People

Watch How This Monk Smoothly Throws A Tiny Needle Through A Glass

Using a needle, he successfully popped a balloon behind the glass!

While most of us would likely agree that needles and glasses are two items that do not necessarily go together, a Shaolin monk named Feng Fei definitely believes otherwise.

In a video uploaded in the YouTube channel of The Super Slow Show, Feng Fei used a needle and a glass to demonstrate what many would probably perceive as an impossible feat. In smooth precision, Fei threw a needle to a glass and the tiny thing actually pierced through it. The flying needle popped a balloon on the other side of the glass, proving that the thing actually passed through the pane.

...
Continue Reading

Trending