Childbirth is one of the most painful experiences most mothers go through. In some cases, many opt for painless delivery, just to surpass the excruciating labor pains.
A 42-year-old supermom in Russia, however, just gave birth to a giant baby weighing about 13.25 pounds or 6 kilograms. And she never needed any painkillers.
That's twice the size of an average newborn.
She even delivered her baby without the need for any medical assistance and pain relievers in the small town of Dagestankiye Ogni in south-west Russia.
The woman, who is now recovering in the hospital, is not aware if she has any medical problem that could lead to having excessively large babies, such as gestational diabetes.
High blood sugar during pregnancy or gestational diabetes is one of the most common causes of having a heavy baby at birth.
The baby, whose gender is still unknown, has hearing problems. The doctors are also worried that because of his size, he might suffer from other health problems in the future.
Though the baby is bigger than normal newborns, he is still not the heaviest. According to the Guinness World Records, the heaviest baby ever born was from Aversa, Italy weighing 22.50 lbs. He was born in September 1955.
What is fetal macrosomia?
Fetal macrosomia is a condition in which the baby born is larger and heavier than the average newborn. A baby born with macrosomia has a birth weight of more than eight pounds and 13 ounces or about four kilograms.
When the baby is too large, it may also complicate vaginal delivery and could put the baby at high risk for injury. Also, it may heighten the risk of several health problems in the baby after birth.
The most common cause of a large baby or macrosomia is gestational diabetes, a condition wherein the mother’s blood sugar levels increase during pregnancy.
Man Accidentally Spills £30,000 Champagne on a Night Club Floor in Ibiza
He didn’t even had the chance to take a damn sip.
£30,000 ($42,510) is a lot of money. The thought of spending that much for an alcoholic drink is nuts, but some people do really splurge. But you know what's even more cringe-worthy? It's spilling that oh-so-expensive drink all over the floor without even having the chance to take a damn sip.
So this rich dude right here was having a shining moment in a hot club in Ibiza, holding a bottle of Magnum. Now Magnums come in really large bottles and only sold in high-end nightclubs, hence the price tag.
All eyes were on this man, who looks dapper wearing a blue suit and about to open a bottle of obscenely-pricey champagne. ...
Parents Are Making Kids Drink Bleach To ‘Cure’ Them of Autism
Experts are warning that this ‘treatment’ is potentially lethal.
Alarming reports tell us that several parents of children with autism have been duped into buying a miracle ‘cure’ for their children. Apparently, the said cure is a super-strong bleach tagged by experts as poisonous chemicals.
In a Metro article, we learn that the fake treatment is called CD (Chloride Dioxide) or MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) and it is being administered orally or via an enema. Investigations found out that the claims about the magic cure circulated in a secret Facebook group for parents in Britain. It has been said that autism is caused by parasites and it can be cleansed using the remedy.
Taking MMS will not cure autism, one doctor clarified – and it’s potentially deadly.
Woman Startled By Cockroach, Crashes Car Into Overhead Bridge
We all have that one friend…
Everybody hates cockroaches. We all know they’re gross, stinky, and a bit scary – especially when they take flight! So yeah, I guess it’s safe to say it’s the world’s least favorite insect.
No wonder, a woman in Singapore recently got involved in a vehicular accident after spotting a cockroach inside her car. How bad is the damage, you ask? Well you have to check out the photos below and see for yourself.
A 61-year-old woman crashed her car into an overhead bridge – all because of a cockroach.
Like Us On Facebook
Chinese Vendors Are Still Selling Bats and Other Exotic Animals, Says A Source
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
Good News: 95-Year-Old Granny Recovers from COVID-19
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding
4,500 Retired British Doctors And Nurses Sign Up To Fight Against COVID-19