- The southern Italian island of Sicily has announced that it will shoulder half of the tourist’s flight expenses.
- In addition to that, they are also offering to cover a third of the hotel accommodation.
- This is on top of free tickets to many archeological sites and museums.
The southern Italian island of Sicily is now beefing-up its tourism industry after two months of being out of business. Now the country is relaxing its restrictions following the lockdown measures implemented to contain the spread of the coronavirus infections.
The island region recently announced that it is offering a great deal for tourists who want to pay a visit. Case in point, they will shoulder half of the airfare and a third of hotel costs for travelers. As if that wasn’t enough, they’re also giving away free tickets to many archaeological sites and museums.
Sicily is the biggest island in Italy which lies in the azure blue Mediterranean Sea. Aside from its beautiful beaches and archaeological structures, Sicily is also rich in history and tradition.
“From the sea to the mountains and countryside, from the volcanos to the fishing villages, there are really many reasons why to visit Sicily,” Italy’s tourism agency stated.
Here are some top spots to check out when in Sicily:
This place is famous for its incredible Greek theater. Taormina has a panoramic location situated between the sea and the mountains.
2. Regusa Ibla
Ragusa is a city located on top of the Hyblean Mountain. The city is famous of its old but detailed architecture. It also boasts more than 50 churches and noble palaces.
3. Scala dei Turchi
Scala dei Turchi is known for its white cliff around a deep blue sea. This attraction is Sicily’s most beautiful beach.
4. Aeolian Islands
The paradise of Aeolian on the other hand, has seven islands for visitors to explore. For example, tourists can swim or sun bathe in its beaches, visit its coves, or hike its two active volcanoes.
5. Syracuse and the island of Ortigia
Lastly, the Syracuse and the island of Ortigia looks like a living art. This is one of the largest archaeological areas in the Mediterranean sea.
Lockdown Turns Sea In UK Into A Tropical Paradise
“We’ve never, ever seen the water look this clear before, it’s lovely.”
- Aerial photographs of United Kingdom's coastline showed a change in color during the country's national lockdown.
- The sea of Solent in Portsmouth, England turned from murky to a turquoise azure blue paradise.
- People believe that the change in color was because pollution levels fell during the coronavirus pandemic.
Disney World To Be Back In Business Soon
It will be an entirely different Disney World when the famed theme park opens its gates again on July 11.
- Walt Disney World will open its gates again on July 11.
- The company will impose strict safety guidelines in the park.
- Disney's profit fell by 58% in the first quarter of 2020 compared to the same period last year.
Mexico’s Cancún Holiday Hotspot Offers Free Hotels And Meals to Tourists
The campaign hopes to attract more tourists to the city.
- The Mexican government will lift restrictions on June 8
- Private businesses in Cancun are offering freebies to attract tourists
- The campaign aims to restart the country's tourism industry
Like Us On Facebook
2 Filipinos Dead, 2 Still Missing, 18 Injured in Beirut Explosion
Greece Turns Ancient Shipwreck Into Amazing Underwater Museum
Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab Vows to Make the People Responsible for Beirut Explosion “Pay the Price”
Emirates To Pay Funeral Costs Of Passengers Who Get Infected With COVID-19
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
Thousands March in Berlin to Protest Germany’s COVID-19 Restrictions
Archeologists Unearth Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation
- Interesting6 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- OMG7 days ago
Doctors Remove Live Worm From Woman’s Tonsil After Eating Sashimi
- News5 days ago
500,000-Year Extinct Weishan Volcano in China Appears to be Recharging
- Inspiring6 days ago
6-Year-Old Boy Saves Sister From Dog Attack, Receives ‘Captain America’ Shield And Other Gifts