- Shane Burcaw’s girlfriend Hannah Aylward has often been mistaken as his nurse.
- In reality, they’ve been together as a couple since 2016 and have been engaged in 2019.
- The pair regularly uploads vlogs on YouTube in the hopes of “normalizing” interabled couples.
Shane Burcaw and Hannah Aylward have been a couple since 2016. Yet everytime they go out together, they still get mixed reactions from other people. Many still automatically assume she is his nurse, not his girlfriend.
The couple has experienced a lot of that and they’re hoping to change negative public perception by being vocal about their relationship. In fact, they made a YouTube channel where they upload videos documenting their life together as an interabled couple. Through their vlogs, they hope they can somehow decrease the stigma and discrimination often faced by those with disabilities.
Shane Burcaw and Hannah Aylward are hoping to normalize interabled relationships in the society.
Shane, who suffers from spinal muscular atrophy, says restaurant servers often give him the children’s menu whenever they dine. Plus they usually laugh when he orders beer.
Well of course it’s true that Hannah is his primary caregiver since he can’t move his muscles much because of his condition. Every day, she helps him with everything – from getting up in the morning, to bathing, to using the bathroom, and everything else in between.
Aside from that, they insist they are just like every other ordinary couple out there. Unfortunately, they’re hearing a lot of nasty conspiracy theories out there, such as Hannah is only after Shane’s money – which is totally not the case, according to them.
In his TODAY article, Shane wrote:
“Many people have never seen a relationship like ours before, where one individual lives with a physical disability and the other does not. Our goal in sharing our lives with the world is to help normalize interabled relationships, to show people that our love is just as exciting, fulfilling and real as any other.”
On YouTube, they are known as Squirmy and Grubs.
“We’ve had (the nicknames) since really early on in our relationship.”
Hannah is Squirmy because she “squirms around in bed a lot” when sleeping, she told INSIDER, which annoys Shane a lot.
Meanwhile, Shane has earned the moniker because of his sweaty palms.
In 2019, Shane proposed to Hannah. She said ‘yes!’
Watch this video to learn more about their story:
In case you’re interested to follow the couple’s adventures, you can go check out their official channel on YouTube.
Teen Girl Shares Sad Story of Living In The Wuhan Outbreak
This is “the worst kind of heartbreak,” she wrote.
- A teenager girl in Wuhan, China has documented what life is like living in the quarantined city.
- Netizens have since been touched by the girl's heartbreaking story.
- Over a short period of time, she has lost her mom and dad to coronavirus.
- Eventually, she also ended up getting infected by the dreaded disease.
Is Quaden Bayles Really 18 Years Old and His Bullying Story a Scam?
Some are claiming he’s 18. We did some digging and here’s what we found!
- Shortly after netizens and famous celebrities poured over their love and money for Quaden Bayles, some are expressing outrage for "falling into a trap," saying the viral video is allegedly staged.
- Several Twitter users did some "amateur investigation" and is now accusing Bayles' as a scammer, claiming he and his family are financially well-off and that the 9-year old Australian boy with dwarfism is actually an adult.
- Photos of an "adult" and a baller Bayles has been circulating over social media.
A “Prophet” in Malawi Allegedly Sells Soap That Can Wash Away Your Sins
The soap is sold at $50 per bar.
- Allegedly designed by a "prophet of God" named Shepherd Bushiri, a unique line of soap products called Lion of Judah claims it can wash away your sins.
- It has two different scents, lavender and peach orchard, and is being sold for around $50 per bar.
- Meanwhile, Bushiri denied he is selling the soap and called the advertisement "fake".
Like Us On Facebook
Researchers Confirm Infectious Coronavirus in Hospital Air
Man Gets Robbed Seconds After Withdrawing $200,000 Life Savings
Jason Momoa Restores His Wife’s First Car, A 1965 Mustang, As A Birthday Gift
Woman Infected With COVID-19 Breaks Quarantine Because She Needs to Get Her “Nails Done So Bad”