- A Reddit user named Furry Controls shared how he was wrongly terminated from work by his “power hungry” manager.
- He needed to take an emergency medical leave but was surprised to find out upon his return that he’s already been fired.
- He got back at them by having the place shut down by reporting several violations.
How would you react if you’ve suddenly been fired by your boss while you’re on a medical leave? That sounds terribly unfair, right?
One guy experienced exactly that and instead of simply ranting on social media, he made it a point that he eventually had the last laugh.
In a lengthy Reddit post, we learn that user Furry Control has been working at a “well-known breakfast chain” for about three years. During a shift, he suddenly “fell very ill” as he suffered extreme abdominal pain. He immediately asked his manager for permission to go to the hospital but her response was shocking – he was told he’d be fired if he left.
To cut the long story short, he ended up getting hospitalized for two weeks and while he did keep the manager posted about his condition, he was accused of faking it all and so he got terminated from his job.
As if that wasn’t enough, the restaurant worker also shared how much he has been treated badly over the years – such as working long hours and getting ridiculously low salary for his efforts.
But like we’ve mentioned earlier, Furry Control did his best to make them pay.
You can read the whole story here:
Furry Control’s post eventually went viral and even got featured on BoredPanda. And as with most things viral, it attracted mixed reactions not only in Reddit but from netizens everywhere.
For example, some doubted the legitimacy of the story so the Redditor provided photos of the dirty restaurant for their reference.
As for those questioning him about why he only reported the restaurant’s violations after he was fired, he only replied with:
“I feel bad but I needed the job, couldn’t risk losing it.”
Off-Duty Coast Guard Saves Over 60 Persons From A Sinking Vessel
This guy is a real-life hero!
- Seaman First PO3 Ralph Barajan is being hailed as a hero after saving more than 60 individuals from a sinking ship.
- With his efforts, he helped the crew members and passengers of MV Siargao Princess survive until they were found by rescuers.
Greta Thunberg Declines Environmental Reward Worth $52,000
We need more action and less awards, she said.
- Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg has been bestowed the environmental award by the Nordic Council.
- While she accepted the award, she declined the cash reward worth US $52,000.
Filipino Chess Grandmaster Wesley So Wins World Title, Topples No. 1 Magnus Carlsen
He has understandable reasons why he switched sides.
- Originally from the Philippines, 26-year-old Wesley So made history after defeating Magnus Carlsen in the World Fischer Random Chess Championship.
- The young chess grandmaster said "politics" pushed him to leave the country and move to the United States.
Like Us On Facebook
2 Filipinos Dead, 2 Still Missing, 18 Injured in Beirut Explosion
Greece Turns Ancient Shipwreck Into Amazing Underwater Museum
Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab Vows to Make the People Responsible for Beirut Explosion “Pay the Price”
Emirates To Pay Funeral Costs Of Passengers Who Get Infected With COVID-19
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
Thousands March in Berlin to Protest Germany’s COVID-19 Restrictions
Archeologists Unearth Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation
- Interesting6 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- OMG7 days ago
Doctors Remove Live Worm From Woman’s Tonsil After Eating Sashimi
- News5 days ago
500,000-Year Extinct Weishan Volcano in China Appears to be Recharging
- Inspiring6 days ago
6-Year-Old Boy Saves Sister From Dog Attack, Receives ‘Captain America’ Shield And Other Gifts