- Motherhood is, without a doubt, a full-time job.
- However, it is actually good for a mother to have a legitimate break.
- Dr. Nava Silton suggests moms should take a “momcation” to be “rejuvenated and refreshed.”
We all agree that prioritizing self-care is highly important. In fact, one psychologist even urged moms to take a real vacation without having to deal with motherhood at least once a year, which is dubbed as a “momcation.”
A “momcation” is just what it sounds like: a vacation taken by a mother. While taking care of her husband and children will always be her duty, Dr. Nava Silton said that leaving her family for some “me” time could be very beneficial for all family members.
Dr. Nava Silton, an Associate Professor of Psychology at Marymount Manhattan College, said:
“Motherhood can be very stressful — whether it’s financial stresses, time stresses, just trying to get a whole lot done in a very short period of time. I think it’s really important for mothers to be rejuvenated and refreshed.”
While a “momcation” can be considered a fun trip for moms, psychologists are now recommending that this can certainly improve family relationships.
She explained that it is important for kids to see the “balance that ideally needs to be achieved in a family situation.”
While many moms would feel guilty of leaving their husband and children behind to take the trip, those who took their well-deserved vacations agree to this idea.
Mother-of-two, Judy Khosh, said that after her “momcation,” she felt like a better mom. She shared that she became more patient as a mother and a better wife to her husband.
Looking after yourself really does mean you can look after your family better. Moms should remember that although nurturing her family will always be her biggest role, they deserve to take a break as well.
Begpackers Perform Illegally On MRT To Ask for Donations
“Begpackers like these just taking a gap year traveling and expect people to donate to them so they can continue traveling.”
- The begpacking phenomenon is becoming increasingly common.
- Often, they do it in countries where the average income is far lower than what they could earn working a minimum wage job at home.
- A begpacker couple singing on MRT in Singapore angered netizens.
Aging Depends On Your Nationality, Study Finds
How young or old are you?
Aging was just a natural thing in the past, but some considered it a lucky thing to look younger than your age these days. However, aging is certainly more than just looking young or old. The most important thing that comes with aging that we should think about is our health.
Guy Wins $344.6M in Powerball, Thanks To A Fortune Cookie
We’ll never look at a fortune cookie the same way again.
- Charles W. Jackson Jr, 66, won $344 million in Powerball.
- The man from North Carolina shared he got the winning numbers from a fortune cookie.