- Jonathon Mason, principal of Belton Lane Primary School, is getting slammed by parents after he announced a ban on Christmas cards.
- According to him, the ban is being implemented as a way of saving the environment.
- While most parents are disagreeing with his reasons, there are also some who have taken his side.
A principal in Lincolnshire, England has sparked outrage among parents after implementing a ban on Christmas cards. His reasons? Well according to him, the cards are bad for the environment.
The controversial decision has since been met by negative feedback from parents, with some of them even labeling the principal as “The Grinch,” the fictional character created by Dr. Seuss for his book “How The Grinch Stole Christmas.”
No Christmas cards for the children this year!
As the reports tell us, Principal Jonathon Mason of Belton Lane Primary School has been bashed non-stop for prohibiting students from exchanging Christmas cards.
In a letter addressed to parents, Mason explained he was “approached” by several children, expressing their worries about the negative environmental impact of sending out too many Christmas cards.
The letter went on:
“Throughout the world, we send enough Christmas cards that if we placed them alongside each other, they’d cover the world’s circumference 500 times.”
He even pointed out that “the manufacture of Christmas cards” also increases “our ever-growing carbon emissions.”
Mason said the the new policy will be implemented this year onwards. Each student, he clarified, will be allowed to send just one card for the entire class, which the teacher will then display.
Environmentally-concerned or Grinch-like?
As mentioned earlier, parents did not receive the message well. In fact, many of them called out Mason for being a “hypocrite,” especially because the announcement was printed on paper and then sent out to almost 300 parents. Others likewise called for a “boycott,” asking parents to keep the Christmas tradition alive,with some adding they’re using cards made from recycled paper anyway.
Meanwhile, there were also some parents who think that ban is actually a good idea such as Katrina Oswin who’s daughter suffers from spelling difficulty. Writing out over 30 cards can be really stressful for her child, said the mother.
Man Who Lived In Isolation To Avoid Infecting Others Was Told He’s Not Contagious
Living life as a hermit for more than 10 years was pointless.
- Thai man Charat Rakmuen has been living life as a hermit for the past 10 years because of an illness he thought was contagious.
- Now, it has been revealed that he wasn't contagious at all.
- Charat has an autoimmune illness known as Pemphigus foliaceus
Doctors Earning $150,000 a Year, Quit Their Jobs to Start a Candle-Making Business
Now they’re earning twice their annual salary!
- Jeeva and Suji Sanjeevan of Melbourne, Australia were former doctors who decided to heed the call of entrepreneurship.
- In 2015, the couple embraced candle making and launched their own business, which they called Light & Glo.
- The bold move has been totally worth it as now the couple is earning double their annual salary as medical professionals.
Offices Put Up Greta Thunberg’s Picture To Discourage Workers From Using Plastic
Is this genius or ridiculous?
- Some offices in Israel have come up with a solution to minimize plastic use among their workers.
- They began posting photos of teen activist Greta Thunberg near their plastic cups and utensils to discourage users.
Like Us On Facebook
Mysterious Object Sighted Over Denver Skies
Small-Scale Miner in Tanzania Finds Rare Gemstone Worth $2 Million
American Man Dies from Bubonic Plague, As China Puts Another Village in Lockdown
Solar Foods Ltd and NASA Make Edible Food Out of Thin Air!
- News5 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News7 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News5 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Art4 days ago
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie