- Pope Francis, world leader of the Catholic Church, has recently spoken about the Amazonian rainforest fires.
- He encouraged followers of the faith to pray for the burning to stop.
- Other Catholic leaders have also issued a statement, asking for immediate action to “save the lungs of the world.”
Pope Francis is joining the entire world in expressing concern over the recent Amazon fires. According to the head of the Catholic Church, he is “worried about the vast fires” and he is now asking for everyone’s prayers.
“Let us pray that with the commitment of all they will be brought under control quickly,” urged the Pope. “That forest lung is vital for our planet.”
Furthermore, the Latin American bishops’ council likewise encouraged swift action from the government and the international community to stop the problem, which, they say isn’t only a local concern but one that affects all countries.
A statement from the council reads:
“We urge the governments of the Amazonian countries, especially Brazil and Bolivia, the United Nations and the international community, to take serious measures to save the lungs of the world.”
According to experts, 20% of the oxygen in the world is produced by the Amazons. So the recent fire is really a big deal.
Meanwhile, President Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil has openly accused non-governmental agencies, such as Land Pastoral and the Indigenous Missionary Council (both supported by Catholics), as the culprits responsible for the burning because of their unwillingness to cooperate with his calls to develop the rainforest. Both organizations have denied the president’s claims.
Bolsonaro has also made it clear that he will not accept the $20 million donation coming from G7, seven of the world’s richest countries, unless
President Emmanuel Macron of France apologizes for calling him a liar.
“To talk or accept anything from France, with the best possible intentions, (Macron) has to withdraw (his insults) and from there we can talk,” said Bolsonaro.
Watch the video report here:
UAE Woman Divorces Husband Because He Doesn’t Argue and He Even Helps Clean the House
While other women can only dream of a man like this…
- She told the court that her husband is too kind and never yelled at her even once.
- She claimed to be "choked by his extreme love and affection."
- The husband begged the court not to grant the divorce.
Hero Pilot Lands Plane in a Cornfield, Saving 233 Passengers
His quick thinking saved everyone on board the crashing plane!
- A Russian pilot has been hailed as a true hero as he crash-landed a plane after both engines were damaged during take-off.
- Captain Damir Yusupov landed the plane on a cornfield just a mile away from the airport, saving 233 lives.
- Amazingly, he had only been flying as a primary pilot for over a year before the incident.
Gang of Cows Break Into Hong Kong Supermarket And Ate All The Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
They just wanted to eat.
- The cows straight to the fresh produce shelves and feasted on fruits and vegetables.
- They were eventually herded out of the store by the staff.
- Urban development is the main cause of Hong Kong's feral cow problem.
Like Us On Facebook
Researchers Confirm Infectious Coronavirus in Hospital Air
Man Gets Robbed Seconds After Withdrawing $200,000 Life Savings
Jason Momoa Restores His Wife’s First Car, A 1965 Mustang, As A Birthday Gift
Woman Infected With COVID-19 Breaks Quarantine Because She Needs to Get Her “Nails Done So Bad”