- A group of fishermen got more than they had bargained for when they went out fishing for trout but reeled in a steelhead.
- The huge fish happened to have a silver wedding band attached to its tail.
- Luckily, the mystery of the wedding ring has finally been solved.
How’s this for a tall fish tale? Some fishermen were delighted when they caught a truly large fish. However, the steelhead had a little surprise for them as well. The fish happened to have a silver wedding ring attached to its tale and the fishermen had no idea how the creature ended up with the jewelry in the first place.
The fishermen were aboard Jim Nelligan’s Grey Lion II by the R4, a famous buoy east of Chicago’s north suburbs in Illinois. Although they were fishing for trout, Joe Penar caught the steelhead with the help of John Massard who netted it. Upon closer inspection, the fishermen realized that a wedding ring was attached to the fish’s tail with a zip tie. The discovery baffled the men until the man who had previously caught the fish revealed his story.
The steelhead wedding ring mystery just got a lot more interesting.
Captain Jason Rose admitted that he had tied his wedding ring to the steelhead after a divorce. He revealed that he and his wife had been together for a decade before they had to go their separate ways so he decided it was time to let go of the ring that symbolized their union. Although he released the fish on May 4 near the port of Whitehall, Michigan, it would be captured just a few weeks later in Chicago.
According to Rose, he is a fishing guide but his wife was against him following his dreams. Interestingly, Rose stated that releasing the ring was a blessing.
“I am convinced that ring is cursed,” Rose said. “My life has been nothing less than great since I released it.”
This isn’t just a ‘lost love’ story; everyone thinks the ring is actually cursed!
Rose isn’t the only one who believes the ring is actually cursed. Nelligan claims that he has been unlucky since his friends caught the fish.
“That ring is cursed. Ever since it came on my boat, I’ve had problems with my Glendinning engine controls, the switch to raise the helm floor to get at the engines broke and the hose at my dock burst,” he said.
97-Year-Old US Veteran Reunites With French Woman He Fell In Love With During WWII
“I always loved you. You never got out of my heart.”
- A World War II veteran attended the 75th anniversary of D-Day in France with an interesting story to tell.
- He revealed that he fell in love with a French girl in a small village but had never been able to see her again.
- Luckily, the woman was tracked down and the lovers were finally reunited 75 years after they first met.
Meet Cassandra de Pecol, the First Woman to Visit Every Country on Earth…and She’s Just 27!
Her Instagram account is to die for!
- She has reached all 193 sovereign nations within 18 months and 26 days.
- Her journey cost her almost $200,000. She has received financial help from sponsors.
- Cassie is also an author, speaker, philanthropist, AND an Ironman athlete!
Avengers Fan Watches “Endgame” More Than 116 Times To Break World Record
He says he’ “can’t get sick” of the movie that’s why he keeps on watching it.
- Avengers: Endgame fan Agustin Alanis has seen the movie repeatedly.
- So far, he has watched it 116 times - and counting.
- He's aiming to see the film at least 200 times - and to make it to the Guinness World Records.