- Filipino couple John Paul Rivera and Mimi Miaco achieved viral fame because of their unique wedding.
- For their wedding, they skipped the rings and got matching tattoos instead.
- Netizens loved the concept because it isn’t only inexpensive but the ‘rings’ will stay with the couple forever.
You know what’s the problem with wedding rings? They’re often ridiculously expensive and because of their tiny size, it’s really easy to lose them if you’re not careful.
One couple in the Philippines found the perfect solution for that dilemma and it didn’t even cost them a fortune. On top of that, they have their ‘rings’ on all the time and and absolutely have no fear of ever misplacing them.
John Paul Rivera and Mimi Miaco decided to break as many traditions as they can for their wedding. They had no floral decorations, no veils or garters, and yes, no wedding rings. The couple got matching tattoos on their ring fingers instead.
In a Female Network feature, Mimi explained why they went for skin art instead of pricey jewelry.
“If we’re talking about representing our commitment, the tattoos, for us, just felt so right—even if we bathe, get sick, and die, it’s with us.
“When we were thinking of a ring design, [we thought] an infinity symbol was too common. And instead of choosing “forever” or “always,” we thought of a Tagalog word that had a good ring to it: ‘palagi.'”
According to Mimi, the tattoos were done by Manila-based artist Kat Fallaria and they only paid Php2,500 (USD $48) for it.
As for her wedding dress, it’s also out of the typical. She purchased something practical and then just customized it to suit her personality.
“I didn’t have a dream wedding gown to begin with, but I knew that I wanted my dress to be cheap, comfy, and not totally white…
“The dress was simple, so I waited only a week to get it and it took me over three hours to paint it. I was so scared at first, but it turned out better than I imagined.
“I opted for a design centered on waves, because like the sea, I can be calm. I can be restless, and I am blessed to marry someone who not only accepts this, but surfs with it. I also painted my husband’s tie with clouds. We’re both nature lovers so what we wore also reflected that.”
One Man Explains Who Should Get The Middle Armrests On Planes
I never thought of it that way.
- The Rich Eisen show, a sports radio program in the United States, posted a poll on Twitter.
- The poll asked netizens if the passenger sitting in the middle seat on a plane should use both armrests or not.
- People are divided over who gets the middle armrests on planes.
Psychologists Explain Why Moms Need to Take Vacation Without Kids
“I think it’s really important for mothers to be rejuvenated and refreshed.”
- Motherhood is, without a doubt, a full-time job.
- However, it is actually good for a mother to have a legitimate break.
- Dr. Nava Silton suggests moms should take a “momcation” to be “rejuvenated and refreshed."
8 Celebrities Who Were Pressured To Lose Weight, But Didn’t Listen And Still Achieved Success
One of them said that calling somebody fat on TV should be illegal.
It is common knowledge that Hollywood is a very looks-orientated place. With that said, if a person wishes to succeed in Tinseltown, they will have to keep up with a certain physical standard.