A hospital is a place where you should feel safe and secure. For a man from India, however, the negligence of the hospital staff led to his untimely demise.
Rajesh Maru, a 32-year-old man, died in a freak accident after being sucked into an MRI scanner. He was carrying an oxygen cylinder into the examination room with his relative, Laxmi Solanki, who was a patient at the Nair Municipal Hospital in Mumbai.
Maru entered the room with the oxygen cylinder because the staff said so.
When he entered the room, the MRI machine was turned on and the high-powered magnets in the machine sucked him into the chamber. As a result, the oxygen tank leaked, emitting high fatal doses of liquid oxygen that Maru inhaled.
The police officials had arrested a doctor, Saurabh Lanjrekar, an attendant, Sunita Surve, and a ward assistant, Vithal Chavan, with charges of negligence.
Harish Solanki, the victim’s brother-in-law, said that one of the staff members has warned them to remove all magnetic objects like belts, pins, and others. However, Chavan, the ward assistant asked Maru to bring the oxygen cylinder inside, leading to the accident.
“We hesitated and my niece Priyanka even mentioned that the cylinder was metallic. But the ward (assistant) said the machine wasn’t on. Maru took the cylinder in, which was sucked toward the machine by its magnetic force. Maru got dragged along.”
An MRI scanner uses a strong magnetic field to capture images of the body organs.
A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner is a machine used to produce three-dimensional anatomical photos of certain body parts, without the use of damaging radiation. It’s often used to diagnose diseases and detect abnormal growths in the body.
MRI scanners use strong magnetic fields, radio waves, and electric field gradients to produce images of the organs in the body.
Hence, people who enter the MRI room should not be carrying anything that's made of metal because the strong magnetic wave will suck them into the chamber.
The staff was able to get Maru out of the machine but it was too late. His body has swelled up and he was bleeding all over.
Man Accidentally Spills £30,000 Champagne on a Night Club Floor in Ibiza
He didn’t even had the chance to take a damn sip.
£30,000 ($42,510) is a lot of money. The thought of spending that much for an alcoholic drink is nuts, but some people do really splurge. But you know what's even more cringe-worthy? It's spilling that oh-so-expensive drink all over the floor without even having the chance to take a damn sip.
So this rich dude right here was having a shining moment in a hot club in Ibiza, holding a bottle of Magnum. Now Magnums come in really large bottles and only sold in high-end nightclubs, hence the price tag.
All eyes were on this man, who looks dapper wearing a blue suit and about to open a bottle of obscenely-pricey champagne.
Parents Are Making Kids Drink Bleach To ‘Cure’ Them of Autism
Experts are warning that this ‘treatment’ is potentially lethal.
Alarming reports tell us that several parents of children with autism have been duped into buying a miracle ‘cure’ for their children. Apparently, the said cure is a super-strong bleach tagged by experts as poisonous chemicals.
In a Metro article, we learn that the fake treatment is called CD (Chloride Dioxide) or MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution) and it is being administered orally or via an enema. Investigations found out that the claims about the magic cure circulated in a secret Facebook group for parents in Britain. It has been said that autism is caused by parasites and it can be cleansed using the remedy.
Taking MMS will not cure autism, one doctor clarified – and it’s potentially deadly.
Woman Startled By Cockroach, Crashes Car Into Overhead Bridge
We all have that one friend…
Everybody hates cockroaches. We all know they’re gross, stinky, and a bit scary – especially when they take flight! So yeah, I guess it’s safe to say it’s the world’s least favorite insect.
No wonder, a woman in Singapore recently got involved in a vehicular accident after spotting a cockroach inside her car. How bad is the damage, you ask? Well you have to check out the photos below and see for yourself.
A 61-year-old woman crashed her car into an overhead bridge – all because of a cockroach.
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village
Dad Builds Epic Indoor Treehouse For His Kids
3 Tips To Boost Your Child’s Academic Performance
The Chocolate Hills of Bohol, a Fascinating Geological Formation
Australian Woman Finds Around 20 Venomous Spiders On Her Swimming Pool
Torre Scola, a Fortress at Sea in La Spezia, Italy
War Is Brewing Between Armenia and Azerbaijan As Disputed Territory Conflict Intensifies