- Sam and JoAnn were the “Romeo and Juliet” of a nursing home in Lakeland.
- The couple had to resort to socially-distanced visits due to coronavirus restrictions.
- Despite warnings, Sam went to be with his beloved wife one last time before she passed away.
- Sam died nearly three weeks later from Covid-19.
Sam Reck, 90, was a loving husband to his wife JoAnn, 86. The couple had been married for 30 years until the coronavirus took both of their lives.
Being highly at risk due to his age, doctors advised Sam against seeing JoAnn in person. When she tested positive with the virus, they already told him to bid his farewells. Yet he insisted on being with her one last time before she died.
Sam stayed by his wife’s bed at Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center in Florida.
The couple was the “Romeo and Juliet” in their Lakeland nursing home.
Because of coronavirus, they eventually resorted to socially-distanced visits.
Sadly, JoAnn succumbed to the virus on the 12th of July. Sam passed away nearly three weeks after.
He died on August 1 without regrets. In fact, he told his family he was very happy he was able to say goodbye.
Scott Hooper, Joann’s son, paid homage to the couple on Facebook.
Today we lost Sam to the same affliction as our mother three weeks earlier, Covid-19. It felt strange to return to the exact room I last saw my mother, now with Sam going through the same struggle to breathe.
He was with us in this room when we all goodbye to my mom. He was very much a broken man seeing her suffer.
After Sam tested positive for Covid, I asked him if he regretted his visit to the hospital. Without pause he replied, ‘Not one second.
He said no matter what happens, he was very happy he had the opportunity to say goodbye and hold her hand one more time.
Scott also mentioned how Sam helped her mother get thru dementia every day. When they transferred Joann to a skilled nursing floor, Sam would drive his scooter every morning. He would stay all day “until he kissed her goodnight and went back to his room.”
“Thank you Sam, for everything you have done for our family, and for loving my mother. We all love you. I know you are now back with my mom playing bluegrass music together,” Scott said.
Small-Scale Miner in Tanzania Finds Rare Gemstone Worth $2 Million
What a lucky man!
- Saninu Lazier, 52, is a small-scale miner in Tanzania.
- In June, he made a valuable discovery after finding two Tanzanite gems worth over 3 million dollars.
- Months later, he found one more of these rare gemstones with a value of more than 2 million dollars.
- The lucky miner plans to give back to the community by building a school and a medical facility.
Sweet Boyfriend Sits Outside Girlfriend’s Room Everyday After She Tests Positive of COVID-19
Is he the best boyfriend ever?
- 17-year-old Camila Baldasso tested positive of coronavirus. Her boyfriend Collin Ouellette, 19, promised he won't leave her side.
- For the next 10 days, Collin sat outside Camila's room for an hour or two so they can still talk, eat, and have fun together.
- Eventually, Camilla recovered from the virus and the two were happily reunited.
Instagram Mom Gets Bashed For Wearing Expensive Outfits While Only Buying Cheap Clothes For Her Kids
“I am not tripping and ripping holes in brand new clothes.”
- Canadian mom-of-two Caitlin Fladager has been attacked by critics online for wearing expensive outfits while openly admitting she only buys cheap Walmart clothes for her children.
- The Instagram influencer eventually defended her choices and explained her real reasons in a lengthy post.
- According to Caitlin, she doesn't want to be that mother who often yells at kids whenever they mess up their new, branded clothes.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village
Torre Scola, a Fortress at Sea in La Spezia, Italy
The Lençóis Maranhenses National Park in Brazil
Kindergarten Teacher Moved From Class After His Tattoos Scared A Child
War Is Brewing Between Armenia and Azerbaijan As Disputed Territory Conflict Intensifies
Videos6 days ago
Huge Fire Breaks Out In Huawei 5G Research Facility In China
Travel7 days ago
The Circular Gardens of Brøndby Haveby
Sci/Tech6 days ago
How An Old TV Caused An Entire Village To Lose Broadband Access Daily For 18 Months
News5 days ago
Chinese Textbook Changes Bible Story, Claims Jesus Killed A Sinner