- An Australian journalist who just wanted to get a single bottle of beer made history in the most unusual way.
- Although he was only supposed to pay $7 for the bottle, he was mistakenly charged over $70,000 for the beer.
- The incident is now being called ‘the most expensive beer in history’.
How much would you pay for a bottle of beer? One man had to pay more than $70,000 for a single bottle that he purchased in a hotel. Not surprisingly, the incident led to headlines proclaiming about “the most expensive beer in history”.
Peter Lalor is an Australian journalist covering cricket games for The Australian newspaper. The writer recently visited the Malmaison hotel in Manchester in the United Kingdom where he ordered a bottle of Deuchars IPA, which normally costs £5.50 (around $7). However, Lalor was shocked when it was revealed that he had been charged £55,315.12 (almost $71,000) for a single bottle of beer.
Lalor tweeted about his shocking experience.
According to Lalor, he already had a feeling that something was wrong so he alerted the barmaid. Nevertheless, the transaction still went through and it wasn’t until the next day that he discovered the shocking charge.
“I didn’t have my reading glasses when she presented me with a bill. I said I didn’t want a receipt and she went to leave. Something, however, made me ask: ‘How much did I just pay for that beer?’ She checked, covered her mouth, started to giggle and refused to tell me, saying only there had been a mistake and she would fix it,” Lalor wrote.
A regular bottle of beer only costs about $7
Although the barmaid immediately alerted her manager, Lalor was later told that a refund could not be done right away and that they would be in contact with him about reversing the charges.
Luckily, Lalor eventually got a refund although it took more than a week. Hopefully, he will be more careful about checking his bill before handing over his card next time.
Colorful Glitter Balls is the Latest Fashion Trend for Dogs
The said trend has sparked mixed reactions among netizens.
- Pet owners are now putting glitters on their dog-balls as an added "bling-bling".
- This latest fashion trend was noticed by North Carolina-based Royal Paws Pet Salon.
- Owners should not be worried because the glitters are edible, so it is safe for your dogs to lick their testicles.
- Netizens, however, has had mixed reactions about it.
Newborn Baby Frowns At Doctor Who Tries To Make Her Cry
Sick of this world since day 1!
- Baby Isabela Pereira de Jesus was recently born in a hospital in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Photograper Rodrigo Kuntsmann was around to capture the moment and one of his snapshots went viral.
- The hilarious image features the baby girl seemingly frowning at the doctor who was trying to make her cry.
“Strong Sperm” In Public Pools Could Get Ladies Pregnant, Claims Indonesian Official
Not surprisingly, the official ended up getting bashed by netizens.
- An Indonesian official warned ladies that swimming in a public pool with men may result to pregnancy.
- She claims "the indestructible sperm" released by "sexually-excited men" in pools get ladies pregnant even without penetration.
- Memes about her "ridiculous claim circulated"on Indonesian social media and the public asked the government to fire her.
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding