- A young girl is proving that even children can do something to help.
- The creative five-year-old decided to sell cocoa and cookies to raise some money.
- Amazingly, she used the cash to pay off the lunch debts of other students at her school.
Sometimes children can be the most generous people in the world. A sweet five-year-old girl proved that even the smallest gesture can mean so much to those who need it the most. The young girl decided to sell cocoa and cookies but it wasn’t for her own personal gain. The adorable schoolgirl actually sold the treats to help pay off the lunch debts of 123 other students.
Katelynn Hardee is a five-year-old student at Breeze Hill Elementary School in Vista in Southern California. According to the girl’s mom Karina Hardee, Katelynn became confused when she overhead another parent talking about their own difficulty in paying for an after school problem. From there, the young girl decided it was her own personal mission to help her fellow schoolchildren.
Several parents struggle to pay off lunch debts in the US.
After being told by her mother that some people are less fortunate than others, Katelynn came up with an awesome plan to help. The schoolgirl set up her own little booth outside their house selling hot cocoa and cookies. Her intention was to help pay off the lunch debts of the other children in their own school.
Katelynn’s Cocoa Booth
Amazingly, Katelynn’s little venture was a success. She raised up to $80 from her tiny booth and immediately used the money to pay off some lunch debts. The amount was used to clear the debts of 123 students at the school.
Now more students will be able to enjoy lunch without any worries.
Not surprisingly, people are impressed with Katelynn’s act of kindness. Breeze Hill Principal Lori Higley commented on what the young girl has done for her fellow students.
“Everybody is just so proud and happy and other students are already talking about ways they can also make a difference,” Higley said. “It goes to show that even one small, kind act from a 5-year-old can mean the difference for someone in their life.”
Katelynn is currently planning to raise more money for the rest of their school district’s negative lunch balances.
Museum of Human Kindness Reminds Us There’s Still A Lot of Good People In The World
This museum restores our faith in humanity.
- The Museum of Human Kindness, as its name implies, is a unique museum.
- According to the founders, they are aiming to gather and share inspiring stories about kind acts performed by strangers.
- The museum showcases personal experiences and artworks to highlight the good side of human beings.
Helicopters Drop Food For Hungry Animals Who Survived Australian Wildfire
Hats off to these heroes!
- New South Wales, Australia has launched a campaign they call 'Operation Rock Wallaby.'
- The project aims to prevent deaths among animals who survived the wildfire by dropping vegetables from the sky.
- So far, thousands of kilograms of carrots and sweet potatoes have been dropped in many areas.
Sweet Filipina Woman Proposes To Her Boyfriend – And He Said Yes!
“Who says only men can propose?”
- Cheska Galvez and Ulvic Berdecen have been together as a couple for a year.
- In a viral video, we see cheska dropping on her knee to propose - and Ulvic said yes.
- The sweet proposal video has since gained over 1 million views on Facebook.
The Scenic Fishing Village of Nazaré, Portugal
Chinese Textbook Changes Bible Story, Claims Jesus Killed A Sinner
Huge Fire Breaks Out In Huawei 5G Research Facility In China
How An Old TV Caused An Entire Village To Lose Broadband Access Daily For 18 Months
Sci/Tech4 days ago
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Videos7 days ago
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
Travel4 days ago
Sigiriya, an Ancient Fortress in Sri Lanka
Videos3 days ago
Huge Iceberg Flips Over On Arctic Explorers Who Tried To Climb It