- Hong Kong medical experts announced that a dog, whose owner has been infected by coronavirus, was also tested “weak positive.”
- Experts are not ruling out the possibility of infections among pets.
- However, the first pet to be positive of coronavirus did not show some flu-like symptoms.
After a Chinese pet owner tested positive of the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19), the patient’s dog was also tested and was diagnosed positive of the disease. The animal, however, only contracted a “weak” strain.
Hong Kong authorities announced that the dog is now under quarantine at the Hong Kong Agriculture, Fisheries, and Conservation Department (AFCD), and is closely being monitored by experts.
According to reports, medical team found the dog’s rectal, nasal, and oral samples to be positive of a “weak” strain of the dreaded disease.
Interestingly, however, the dog didn’t show any common symptoms of the virus. They also added that, at the moment, it still remains unclear if the infection can be transferred to human.
“At present, the AFCD does not have evidence that pet animals can be infected with COVID-19 virus or can be a source of infection to people,” the department said in a statement.
The World Health Organization has previously ruled out the possible transmission of the virus from human to pets or vice versa.
The Hong Kong authority also said that, despite the development on the dog-patient, there is still no definitive proof that animals can be infected by the virus nor can they be a “source of infection to people”.
AFCD also assured that they will closely monitor the dog and will collect more swab samples for testing to re-confirm if it is actually positive of the disease or if it’s just a form of “environmental contamination” on the dog’s mouth and nose.
Watch this video report:
South Korea’s Coronavirus Cases Surge to Almost 3,000 Because of A ‘Cult’
South Korean officials believe a “Christian cult” spread the virus in the country.
- A large number of Koreans in Daegu and Gyeongsang provinces are testing positive of the coronavirus.
- South Korea is reported to have the highest confirmed cases of coronavirus around the world, outside China.
- The virus, according to the government, spread because of a certain cult in Daegu called "Shincheonji Church" which implements a non-disclosure rule when a member falls ill.
Infant Infected With Coronavirus Recovers Without Meds
Miraculously, the 17-day-old bay had a full recovery even without meds.
- Baby girl Xiao Xiao contracted coronavirus shortly after she was born.
- The poor infant acquired respiratory system infection and minor myocardial damage.
- Since she did not have common symptoms such as fever and cough, the doctors did not give her antibiotics and allowed her to recover from the illness on her own.
- After testing negative thrice, she was allowed to come home.
China to Ban Consumption and Trade of Wild Animals
Wild animals were said to be the source of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The ban was made to “safeguard public health and ecological security."
- Markets selling wild animals were closed down shortly after the ban was announced.
- The ban should be made permanent, according to WildAid charity CEO Peter Knights.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News7 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”