Remember the famous movie franchise ‘Back to the Future’? It was released during the ’80s and tried to depict how the future society would look like. For a movie trying to look far into the future, it sure got some things right.
But here’s another interesting fact: Back in the 1899-1910s, French artist Jean-Marc Cote was asked to illustrate life in the year 2000. His artworks reflected how he imagined life about a hundred years ahead of his own time. The illustrations were found in the form of postcards and paper cards enclosed in cigarette boxes.
Scroll down and see his awesome illustrations below.
1. This one looks like the predecessor of present-day airports.
2. “Divers on Horseback”
3. House on wheel = trailer home?
4. If there are airplanes then there should also be “aviation police”
5. No worries, just underwater croquet and chill
6. A One-man orchestra
7. A woman is seen here applying makeup using her “automated” make-up contraption
8. A daring sea rescue, through the efforts of an airplane.
9. Aerial firemen to the rescue
10. Postman *knocks on second-storey window*: excuse me sir, you’ve got mail!
11. It seems the artist has a weird fascination with underwater activities…
12. Modern-day warfare, you say?
13. A Torpedo Plane
14. Does this scene look familiar?
15. Whale Bus – the new express transit!
16. Hunting by air
17. An explorer off to discover new exotic lands
18. Aerial reconnaissance using a rudimentary helicopter
19. Forget running on foot, smugglers are going to be airborne by year 2000!
20. A full suit in a jiffy
21. Electric scrubbing
22. Someone better not nudge that razor LOL
23. “Insert eggs here”
24. With just a push of a button, you can have a full meal!
25. Drive-thru for planes
26. Farming Just Got Easy as 1,2,3
27. …but who would want to rob the nest of a bird as huge as that one?!
28. An aerial battle
29. Because fishing for seagulls from under the water is easier, right? LOL
Although some of Jean Marc’s predictions were way off, his artworks and imagination were still awesome! We should do this for the next generation too!
Source: Can You Actually
Bees Kill Penguins by Stinging Them in the Eyes
2000 Kilogram Sunfish Caught Off North African Coast
Man Embezzles $57K in COVID-19 Relief to Buy Pokemon Cards
Florida Man Catches and “Recycles” Alligator in Driveway
Man Shocks Reporter on How He’d Spend the Lottery Winnings
Man Joins Search Operation Not Realizing He’s the One Missing
World’s Oldest Rhino Dies in Italian Zoo at 54 Years Old
Meet Quilty – Cat Escape Artist Helping Other Cats Jailbreak
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture