- Ontario, Canada’s Miguel Vasquez is an excellent 3D artist.
- His Instagram gallery gives us a look of our favorite cartoon characters drawn realistically but with an older, scary vibe.
- His works have gone viral online and many are just plain creeped out by his concepts.
Most of us have fond memories of watching – and loving – Saturday morning cartoons. You know, sitting in the sofa with a bowl of cereal and our favorite shows on TV. Weekends were definitely the best for us back in the days!
Now imagine this: iconic cartoon characters coming to life but with a bit of a creepy twist. Not exactly the stuff we’d dig as a kid, sure, but that’s the concept that inspired artist Miguel Vasquez’ 3D illustrations – which has since gained viral attention on social media.
Adorable characters look sinister when drawn by Miguel Vasquez.
Hailing from Ontario, Canada, Miguel loves recreating our childhood icons, drawing them realistically and making them look a little disturbing than usual.
Some might say that these pieces look like the stuff of nightmares and yeah, that’s probably the point.
Go scroll down below to see some of his most recent works:
1. Handsome Squidward
Gotta admit this one looks pretty. Although the face kinda reminds us of Thanos!
Can’t unsee this one! The drool looks even more disgusting now.
4. Charlie Brown
If the cute Toad looks like that, we’re not sure if we wanna see Mario. Or Princess Peach.
6. Pinhead Larry
7. Sheldon J. Plankton
Life must have been really hard on Gary.
10. Bugs Bunny
That nose. And those nipples. Ugh!
12. Bart Simpson
13. Marge Simpson
What in the world happened to you, Marge?!
14. Maggie Simpson
I just couldnt help but wonder who will he draw next!
If you want to see more of Miguel’s artworks, you should definitely go follow him on his official Instagram account.
Artist Creates Amazing 3D Graffiti That’s Absolutely Instagram-Worthy
Imagine taking pictures with these awesome optical illusion street art!
- French artist @scaf_oner has gone viral because of his optical illusion street art.
- His numerous social media followers just couldn't help but admire his extremely-detailed 3D graffiti.
Filipino Guy Creates Prosthetic Face Mask That Looks Creepy And Cool
Would you wear this?
- Rene Aberlado of Laguna, Philippines is creating some creepy prosthetic face masks.
- His work went viral online after his daughter posted about it on Facebook.
- The masks are sold for only US$6 each.
Two Widowed Penguins “Comfort Each Other” in Heartwarming Images Taken by Photographer
This is just pure.
- Wildlife photographer Tobias Baumgaertner has shared photos of two penguins, watching the city lights over Melbourne, Australia.
- According to the photographer, a volunteer informed him that the animals are both widowed and they often meet to "comfort" each other.
- Thousands of netizens on social media have been touched by the beautiful photos and the heartwarming story behind them.
The Circular Gardens of Brøndby Haveby
Algar de Benagil, Portugal’s Most Stunning Sea Cave
5 Fun Activities To Do When You’re In White Sands, New Mexico
At Least 380 Whales Dead In Australia’s Largest-Ever Mass Stranding
Sci/Tech2 days ago
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Videos5 days ago
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
History6 days ago
‘The Silent Killer’: The Untold Story of Nieves Fernandez, The Teacher Who Killed 200 Japanese Soldiers
People6 days ago
Anti-Mask Protesters in Florida Storm Target Yelling “Take Off Your Masks”