- An eight-year-old schoolboy has been buying several game extras for his Xbox game but did not realize it would result in a massive credit card bill.
- The boy’s mother was shocked when her credit card statement amounted to almost $4,000 in online purchases.
- The furious mom had announced that Christmas was cancelled for her son.
This might be the most expensive way to realize that leaving your credit card details with your child is not a good idea. A mother just found out that her eight-year-old son has racked up a bill amounting to almost $4,000 on multiple Xbox purchases. The boy had been using her credit card to buy game extras on Roblox and Minecraft without her knowledge.
Leon Berriedale-Johnson is an eight-year-old schoolboy from Brighton, East Sussex who had been buying several Roblox and Minecraft extras for his Xbox game. His mother Martine had previously used her credit card to get her son a one-time special treat but forgot to remove her details from the account. The error led to Leon being able to get the extras without his mom’s knowledge. Unfortunately, it also resulted in a credit card bill that amounted to £3,210 ($3,980).
The face you make when your son racks up a massive credit card bill on Xbox extras.
Martine was understandably upset with the bill.
“I had no idea that my details had been saved on the system and Leon was still using my card to buy more online,” she said. “When I saw my credit card bill, I went crazy. I told him I was selling his Xbox.”
The single mother of two stated that she is careful with her finances but the huge credit card bill has forced her to tell her sons that they won’t be celebrating Christmas this year.
“I’ve told the boys Christmas is cancelled and that they’re not getting any toys. I don’t even know if I’ll be able to afford Christmas dinner after this,” she said.
Leon and brother Eddie might not be celebrating Christmas this year.
Luckily, Leon has learned his lesson and Microsoft even stepped up to help the family so they could have a nice Christmas dinner.
“Family settings and tools enable parents to block their children from making online purchases. We review all reports, and in cases where we our investigation confirms that purchases were made by a minor without parental permission, we may decide that a one-time refund is appropriate. On this occasion, the customer has been fully refunded,” Microsoft said in a statement.
Woman Complains of Shoe Pain All Night, Did Not Notice She Was Wearing Them on the Wrong Feet
Her mistake went viral on Twitter.
- It was a case of the right shoe on the left foot and left shoe on the right foot.
- Ayleigh McGehee's friend tweeted a picture of her wearing the shoes wrong and it became viral.
- Women should always keep in mind the dangers of wearing high heels on the regular.
Bride-To-Be Unwittingly Swallowed Engagement Ring In Her Sleep
She thought it was all a dream. Imagine her shock when she woke up!
As they say, a lot of things can happen in between the proposal and wedding day. In fact, you can expect the unexpected sometimes.
Woman Inserts Metal Spring Up Her Private Part Thinking It Will Work as Birth Control
She found it on the floor, washed it, and wore it.
- She found the spring on the floor of her workshop.
- It stayed in her body for six months.
- Doctors had to cut the spring and remove it piece by piece.