Connect with us

People

5-Year-Old Boy Hailed as Hero After Saving His Little Brother from Choking

“He choked on a meatball first and then I smacked him on the back three times,” the young hero said.

Mark Andrew

Posted

(

)

A A A

Having knowledge about basic first aid is really important. It can be life-saving, in fact. Now the story below proves to us that, yes, first aid can be learned by everyone – even youngsters.

Oliver Bevans, who is merely 5 years of age, has been hailed by many as a hero after saving his 3-year-old brother Stanley. Apparently, the boys were eating at their grandparents’ house when Stanley choked on a meatball and so Oliver came to the rescue and immediately administered first aid. This all happened while their grandma was away, getting some garlic bread.

Meet 5-year-old hero Oliver Bevans who saved his little brother Stanley, 3, from choking on a meatball.

In a StokeSentinel feature, grandmother Angela Bevans, 61, shared:

“As I came back in the room Oliver came up to me and said, ‘Moma, Stanley has been sick’.

“Oliver said he had got up from his chair and smacked him on the back. I was then concerned because I thought he had been sick, rather than choking.

“I haven’t done any first aid training and I have never had to do that with my own children. I said to Oliver that he saved Stanley’s life, and told him what a clever boy he is.

“He reacted so quickly that I didn’t even know it had happened. Oliver did save his life and I’m so proud of him.”

In a BBC interview, Oliver said:

“He choked on a meatball first and then I smacked him on the back three times. The meatball came out and then he was better.”

Oliver learned the first aid skill at school a week before the incident.

Source: via YouTube

So how exactly did Oliver know what to do, you ask? Well, he learned the skill during a St John Ambulance demonstration at school.

Amy Bevans, the boys’ mother, couldn’t be more proud.

Source: via YouTube

The 31-year-old mother said:

“Oliver did what he needed to do and we were shocked. I am really proud of him. Oliver was calming Stanley down, kissing and cuddling him, and telling him to chew his food 10 times before he swallows it.”

Watch This Morning’s interview with the family:

Like Logo on Facebook

Meanwhile, St John Ambulance District Manager Greg McKeown praised the little man for his heroism.

“What a brilliant effort by Oliver! It’s absolutely fantastic that he took our training session in so well that he was able to use his new skills on his little brother and save his life. Maybe one day he’ll become a volunteer first aider with St John Ambulance – he sounds like exactly the kind of person we’d love to recruit in the future.”

View Comments

People

Chinese Vlogger Makes Big Mistake of Eating Poisonous Plant Live on Camera

The 26-year-old woman inadvertently ate a poisonous plant that she had mistaken as aloe vera.

Faye Williams

Published

on

Thanks to the Internet, there are now numerous platforms for self-expression. Aside from social media, there are sites where anyone can upload videos that can be seen by anyone with an Internet connection. It's all good — until you throw a poisonous plant into the equation. That's when all hell breaks loose.

A 26-year-old woman identified only as Zhang has established herself as a video blogger or vlogger. She often goes live when she demonstrates something or tries something new. In her latest live video session, Zhang was discussing the benefits of aloe vera.

She just wanted to stand out.

Continue Reading

People

Meet Tomislav Jurčec, The 23-Year-Old ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Trapped In a Teen’s Body

People always look shocked when he drinks beer or smoke cigarettes.

Avatar

Published

on

There have been several stories about women with youthful looks but apparently, men can get it too. But for Tomislav Jurčec of Zagreb, Croatia, the case is extreme. This 23-year-old man won’t fail to surprise people who don’t know him when they realize how old he really is.

Jurčec is an adult who is stuck in a 13-year-old kid’s body due to a defect in his pituitary gland. For this reason, Jurčec meets challenges along the way, which include having shops decline him when he is out to buy cigarettes or alcohol.

But it’s not that bad for Jurčec as he always looks at the positive side of things. His optimism has, indeed, paid off. Because of his diminutive stature, he has been cast in the hit HBO series, “Game of Thrones,” where he had been Peter Dinklage’s stand-in and also a “Hero Corps Child.”

Continue Reading

People

Canadian Baby Becomes First Recorded Gender-Less Newborn

Instead of being indicated “male” or “female”, this newborn’s health card has been marked “U” which stands for “undetermined” or “unassigned.”

Anne Dominguez

Published

on

Children should be given their chance to develop their own gender identity without presumptions - that's what Kori Doty, parent of baby Searyl Atly, believes. An eight-month-old newborn in Canada was considered the first infant born who was not given an official gender designation.

Searyl Atly, who was born in November was issued a health card marked with a “U” in the space designated for the gender. It stands for “undetermined” or “unassigned.”

Gender-less healthcard issued to Searyl

Continue Reading

Popular