Naming children can be a challenging task. There’s a long list of considerations you have to think about. Give them a name that’s too common and they’ll be indistinguishable from all the Michaels and Emmas and Marys. Give them a name that tries too hard to be unique and they’ll have to spell their name to everyone for the rest of their life.
There is, of course, a middle ground for this: uncommon names. Uncommon names are neither obnoxiously trying hard to be unique nor frequently seen in their age groups. The beauty of these names is that they often have a cultural significance or a deep meaning behind them. So not only will your kid get a cool name that’s different from the rest, but the meaning behind it can be a conversation starter when they’re older!
"Please don't name me anything weird!"
Here are 28 baby names you might want to consider:
1. Adley – a Hebrew name for a boy or girl that means “judicious”
2. Arnelle – a French name that means “bear prince”
3. Bexley – an Old English name for box trees and woodland clearings
4. Bodhi – a Sanskrit name meaning “awakened” or “enlightened.” It’s also the name of the large tree that the founder of Buddhism sat beneath to reach enlightenment.
5. Britta – a popular Germanic and Scandinavian name meaning “strength” or “exalted one”
6. Cala/Calla – Cala is an Arabic name meaning “fortress,” while Calla is a Greek name that means “beautiful.”
7. Cayson – one of the relatively new yet lovely made-up names that have only been around for about two decades.
8. Dangelo – originally derived from Deangelo, this Italian name means “from an angel”
9. Enoch – pronounced EE-nok, this Hebrew name means “dedicated”
What's a good name for a happy, cheerful baby?
10. Farren – this name has many different meanings in different languages. In Irish, it means “the land,” while in French and English it means “adventurous”
11. Grecia – a Latin name that means “grace”
12. Harlyn/Harlan – an English name that means “gray land” or “hare land”
13. Ignacio – this Spanish name meaning “fire” has been rising in popularity in the US these past few years.
14. Joziah – a Hebrew name that means “fire of the Lord”
15. Kael – a Gaelic name that means “mighty warrior”
16. Lilith– a Hebrew name meaning “of the night”
17. Malachi – a Hebrew name meaning “my messenger” or “my angel”
18. Maxton – a derivative of the name Maxwell, it means “settlement” in English and Scottish
What name is fit for a princess?
19. Nimah – a feminine name that means “devotion” in Arabic
20. Oriana – a feminine Italian name that means “gold”
21. Quinten – a name of Dutch and Latin origin, it simply means “fifth” and is commonly given to a fifth-born child
22. Roderick – “Hrod” means fame and “ric” means power in English, Scottish, and Welsh
23. Syden – a name of unknown origin that have taken up many different meanings like “crowned,” “king of peace,” and “laughter”
24. Thea – this Greek name is taken from the goddess of light, and the mother of the sun, moon, and dawn. It’s often a shortened version of Dorothea or Althea.
25. Uri – a Hebrew name that means “my light”
26. Vaughn – a Welsh name derived from “bychan,” which means “little”
27. Weylyn – a Celtic name that means “song of the wolf”
28. Zuri – a Swahili name that means “beautiful”
Have you found the future name of your child in this list?
Taiwanese Grandma Uses Louis Vuitton Handbag Worth Over $1,000 to Carry Fish
A young man revealed that the Louis Vuitton bag he gave his grandmother was loaded with groceries and milkfish.
We want the people we love to have the best things in life. It gives us a sense of accomplishment and great pride when we are able to give them gifts. This was what one young man in Taiwan intended to do for his beloved grandmother. He had gone straight to a Louis Vuitton store to get her something special. However, something quite unexpected happened.
The young man posted his story on the Chinese language online "confessions forum" Dcard along with a reference photo of his gift to his grandmother. Below is a translation of what he wrote:
I noticed that my grandmother has been using the same bag for the longest time. The bag, which is made of Hakka cloth, is already kind of worn out. In fact, it was already tattered in some spots....
Grandma Pranks Husband With Hilarious Water Bottle Coin ‘Magic Trick’
Funny and adorable. I love this couple!
There is often this misconception that the older people get, the more serious they become. Sure, this may be true for some folks who obviously turn grumpier with age but we really shouldn’t make sweeping generalizations.
For example, we’ve previously featured some photos of old people who are still clearly very much young at heart. The funny and heartwarming pictures are clearly a testament that, yes, not all seniors are as serious as we think they are.
Now a viral ‘magic trick’ video posted on social media proves exactly that.
Wife Freaks Out When Husband Told Her What Happened to Their Son’s Hair
A husband nearly causes his wife to have a meltdown when he tells her their young son got hold of the hair trimmers.
There's a funny saying that goes, "Marriage is finding that special someone you want to annoy for the rest of your life." Married people know this to be true. This doesn't mean that you don't love your partner any less. The reality is that your husband or wife is bound to do something silly that won't exactly make you laugh. These are the times when you just want to tear out your hair.
Speaking of hair, that's precisely what got one husband in trouble. In this case, that would be writer Bobby Wesson, who's based in Birmingham. Alabama. The craziness ensued on the day he was left home alone with his toddler son Deacon.