Naming children can be a challenging task. There’s a long list of considerations you have to think about. Give them a name that’s too common and they’ll be indistinguishable from all the Michaels and Emmas and Marys. Give them a name that tries too hard to be unique and they’ll have to spell their name to everyone for the rest of their life.
There is, of course, a middle ground for this: uncommon names. Uncommon names are neither obnoxiously trying hard to be unique nor frequently seen in their age groups. The beauty of these names is that they often have a cultural significance or a deep meaning behind them. So not only will your kid get a cool name that’s different from the rest, but the meaning behind it can be a conversation starter when they’re older!
"Please don't name me anything weird!"
Here are 28 baby names you might want to consider:
1. Adley – a Hebrew name for a boy or girl that means “judicious”
2. Arnelle – a French name that means “bear prince”
3. Bexley – an Old English name for box trees and woodland clearings
4. Bodhi – a Sanskrit name meaning “awakened” or “enlightened.” It’s also the name of the large tree that the founder of Buddhism sat beneath to reach enlightenment.
5. Britta – a popular Germanic and Scandinavian name meaning “strength” or “exalted one”
6. Cala/Calla – Cala is an Arabic name meaning “fortress,” while Calla is a Greek name that means “beautiful.”
7. Cayson – one of the relatively new yet lovely made-up names that have only been around for about two decades.
8. Dangelo – originally derived from Deangelo, this Italian name means “from an angel”
9. Enoch – pronounced EE-nok, this Hebrew name means “dedicated”
What's a good name for a happy, cheerful baby?
10. Farren – this name has many different meanings in different languages. In Irish, it means “the land,” while in French and English it means “adventurous”
11. Grecia – a Latin name that means “grace”
12. Harlyn/Harlan – an English name that means “gray land” or “hare land”
13. Ignacio – this Spanish name meaning “fire” has been rising in popularity in the US these past few years.
14. Joziah – a Hebrew name that means “fire of the Lord”
15. Kael – a Gaelic name that means “mighty warrior”
16. Lilith– a Hebrew name meaning “of the night”
17. Malachi – a Hebrew name meaning “my messenger” or “my angel”
18. Maxton – a derivative of the name Maxwell, it means “settlement” in English and Scottish
What name is fit for a princess?
19. Nimah – a feminine name that means “devotion” in Arabic
20. Oriana – a feminine Italian name that means “gold”
21. Quinten – a name of Dutch and Latin origin, it simply means “fifth” and is commonly given to a fifth-born child
22. Roderick – “Hrod” means fame and “ric” means power in English, Scottish, and Welsh
23. Syden – a name of unknown origin that have taken up many different meanings like “crowned,” “king of peace,” and “laughter”
24. Thea – this Greek name is taken from the goddess of light, and the mother of the sun, moon, and dawn. It’s often a shortened version of Dorothea or Althea.
25. Uri – a Hebrew name that means “my light”
26. Vaughn – a Welsh name derived from “bychan,” which means “little”
27. Weylyn – a Celtic name that means “song of the wolf”
28. Zuri – a Swahili name that means “beautiful”
Have you found the future name of your child in this list?
Follow On Facebook
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
5-Year-Old Artist Already Getting Commissioned For Her Paintings
Hiker Discovers Creepy Alien-Like Creature That “Smells Like Rotting Flesh”
New York Store Is Selling ‘Wet Pants Denim’ For $75
Burglary Victim Writes Heartbreaking Note Begging Robber To Return Last Photos Dog
Meet The Gorgeous Actress Who Portrayed Zombie Queen In ‘Army Of The Dead’
Florida School Sparks Outrage After Editing 80 Female Students’ Photos To Cover Their Cleavage
McDonald’s Recruitment Poster Offers New Employees With Free iPhone After Working For 6 Months
Horrific Video Shows Lioness Attacking Circus Trainer In Russia
Taking 4,500 Steps A Day Could Help You Live Longer, Says Research
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture
Interesting9 months ago
20 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women In The World
News6 months ago
Mexican Residents Tie Mayor To Tree After He Failed To Fulfill His Campaign Promise
OMG9 months ago
Savage Moment Husband Exposes Cheating Wife During Their Baby Shower
Travel10 months ago
The Circular Gardens of Brøndby Haveby