- With China lifting the mandatory lockdown on Wuhan, thousands (of locals and non-locals) are expected to leave the city in the next several days.
- Public transportation, such as trains and planes, are now open to the public once more and thousands have booked their seats to different destinations.
- According to authorities, safety precautions will still be observed.
Soon after discovering the origins of coronavirus in the wet markets of Wuhan, China immediately placed the port city in a lockdown in an attempt to curb the spread of the disease. After over two months of mandatory quarantine, authorities have finally lifted the order in many areas as the country have seen a steady decrease of newer cases of the virus.
Restrictions have since been eased and citizens are officially free to travel to or from Wuhan via private vehicles and public transportation. Now reports are telling us that Wuhan is expecting thousands to leave the city very soon.
According to a CNN article, many of the outbound travels are “likely to come from out-of-towers” who ended up getting stuck in Wuhan when the government implemented the lockdown.
Of course, precautionary measures will still be observed so as to avoid the possibilities of having new infections in the near future. For example, travelers are required to be assessed whether they are healthy or low-risk before they are permitted to leave Wuhan.
The state media also shared that by Wednesday, they are anticipating an estimated figure of about 55,000 train passengers leaving Wuhan. Authorities assured the public that they will be disinfecting the trains and stations plus all passengers will be screened.
Meanwhile, 54 passenger planes carrying about 10,000 people from Wuhan are scheduled to fly by Wednesday to 15 destinations.
Watch this video taken early Wednesday showing passengers preparing to depart from Wuhan:
Tiger in New York Zoo Tests Positive of the Coronavirus
The animal may have contracted the disease through asymptomatic zoo keepers, officials said.
- Nadia, a 4-year-old Malayan tiger in New York's Bronx Zoo, has contracted the coronavirus.
- According to zoo officials, the animal and with five other tigers and lions exhibited symptoms of the disease.
Thousands of Chinese Tourists Flock To Popular Spots After China Lifts Lockdown
“China is not near the end, but has entered a new stage with the global epidemic raging, China has not reached the end.”
- Thousands of Chinese people flocked together in some popular tourist spots in China after their government lifted the strict lockdown.
- Despite receiving warning from health authorities, Chinese tourists still visited popular tourists sites such as Huangshan Mountain Park in Anhui province, Bund Waterfront in Shanghai, and in Beijing's parks and open spaces, among others.
- China's chief epidemiologist Zeng Guang said "China is not near the end," warning people that a third wave of the virus may occur.
Student Regrets Joining Spring Break Party After 72 Of Them Contracts COVID-19
“Life is precious…Don’t be arrogant and think you’re invincible like myself”.
- After defying the warning and partying during the spring break, several students from University of Tampa, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and other colleges (including Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee) have contracted the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19).
- "Life is precious...Don't be arrogant and think you're invincible like myself," Brady Sluder of Ohio, regretting the time he went partying amidst the outbreak.
- Cases of coronavirus in the United States have increased exponentially among Americans between ages 20 to 40 years old.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”