Are you planning a trip to Europe this winter? You better be prepared for the cold weather and snow across the continent. On the other hand, there are a few places around Europe where you can still enjoy the sun this season. This means you can still have fun at the beach, although the rest of the continent is freezing.
The southern reaches of Europe offer several warm options for travellers who are hoping to see some winter sun. Whether you head off to Greece, Spain, or Italy, you’ll be able to enjoy some time at the beach.
Here are five sunny places to visit in Europe this winter:
1. Anywhere In Malta
Malta is a popular place to visit during summer when it gets too crowded and the temperature might be too high. However, you’ll be pleased to find that the weather is cooler during winter with just the right amount of sun.
2. The Algarve (Portugal)
You’ve probably heard of the Algarve and its stunning beaches and considered heading to Portugal during the summer. But you’ll find that the region is even more beautiful in winter.
3. Sicily (Italy)
Most places bloom in summer but Sicily gets even more colorful in winter. In addition to warm days, you can enjoy fresh fruits like lemons, oranges, and limes. Either way, you won’t even remember it’s winter when you’re in Italy.
4. Crete (Greece)
If you’ve ever wanted to experience a pink sand beach, head for Elafonissi in Crete. This is the perfect time when the sand turns bright pink. The beaches can be warm during the daytime but temperatures can drop at night so pack accordingly.
5. Seville (Spain)
It almost never gets cold in Seville, even during the winter. Just be ready for an occasional rain shower. Still, you might need an umbrella to hide from all the sunshine in Spain.
Nyan Nyan Ji, The Japanese Shrine Where All The Monks Are Adorable Cats
I found my new religion!
- The Meow Meow Shrine is the perfect place for cat lovers.
- It is a shrine where a cat monk and her assistants will help you with your prayers and play with you afterwards.
- The shrine also has a cafe where you can enjoy delicious cat-themed food and drinks.
New Hotel in Spain Has Strict ‘No Men Allowed’ Policy
Yes, men are banned in this hotel.
- Spain's new Som Dona Hotel has opened its doors to customers but there's a catch - they only accept women.
- So far, the unique 'no men allowed' policy has received mixed reactions from the public.
Philippine City Turns Plastic Waste Into Beautiful Flower Garden
It’s made of trash and it’s perfect for your Instagram snaps!
- A city in the southern part of the Philippines has recycled almost 30,000 plastic bottles into a flower garden.
- Lamitan City's Forever Tulip Garden has become a tourist attraction and a favorite Instagram destination.
- According to the city government, the garden is just one of their initiatives towards solid waste management.
Like Us On Facebook
New Delhi on Red Alert After Desert Locusts Swarm Through Neighboring Gurgaon City
Businessman in India Wears a $4000 Gold Mask As Coronavirus Protection
California Man Posted He Regrets Attending A Party, Dies of COVID-19 The Next Day
Fashion Designer Unveils Face Masks Inspired by Catriona Gray’s Lava Gown
- People7 days ago
Meet “Plant Daddy,” A Guy Who Spent $5,000 Buying 200 Species of House Plants
- News7 days ago
Brand-New Lamborghini Gets Wrecked Just 20 Minutes After Leaving the Dealership
- Lifestyle4 days ago
Shelter Dog Who Always Gets Rejected Shows He Can Make His Own Bed
- Interesting6 days ago
5 Countries with the Longest Lunch Breaks in the World