Are you planning a trip to Europe this winter? You better be prepared for the cold weather and snow across the continent. On the other hand, there are a few places around Europe where you can still enjoy the sun this season. This means you can still have fun at the beach, although the rest of the continent is freezing.
The southern reaches of Europe offer several warm options for travellers who are hoping to see some winter sun. Whether you head off to Greece, Spain, or Italy, you’ll be able to enjoy some time at the beach.
Here are five sunny places to visit in Europe this winter:
1. Anywhere In Malta
Malta is a popular place to visit during summer when it gets too crowded and the temperature might be too high. However, you’ll be pleased to find that the weather is cooler during winter with just the right amount of sun.
2. The Algarve (Portugal)
You’ve probably heard of the Algarve and its stunning beaches and considered heading to Portugal during the summer. But you’ll find that the region is even more beautiful in winter.
3. Sicily (Italy)
Most places bloom in summer but Sicily gets even more colorful in winter. In addition to warm days, you can enjoy fresh fruits like lemons, oranges, and limes. Either way, you won’t even remember it’s winter when you’re in Italy.
4. Crete (Greece)
If you’ve ever wanted to experience a pink sand beach, head for Elafonissi in Crete. This is the perfect time when the sand turns bright pink. The beaches can be warm during the daytime but temperatures can drop at night so pack accordingly.
5. Seville (Spain)
It almost never gets cold in Seville, even during the winter. Just be ready for an occasional rain shower. Still, you might need an umbrella to hide from all the sunshine in Spain.
Nyan Nyan Ji, The Japanese Shrine Where All The Monks Are Adorable Cats
I found my new religion!
- The Meow Meow Shrine is the perfect place for cat lovers.
- It is a shrine where a cat monk and her assistants will help you with your prayers and play with you afterwards.
- The shrine also has a cafe where you can enjoy delicious cat-themed food and drinks.
New Hotel in Spain Has Strict ‘No Men Allowed’ Policy
Yes, men are banned in this hotel.
- Spain's new Som Dona Hotel has opened its doors to customers but there's a catch - they only accept women.
- So far, the unique 'no men allowed' policy has received mixed reactions from the public.
Philippine City Turns Plastic Waste Into Beautiful Flower Garden
It’s made of trash and it’s perfect for your Instagram snaps!
- A city in the southern part of the Philippines has recycled almost 30,000 plastic bottles into a flower garden.
- Lamitan City's Forever Tulip Garden has become a tourist attraction and a favorite Instagram destination.
- According to the city government, the garden is just one of their initiatives towards solid waste management.
Like Us On Facebook
Colorful Glittered Dog-Balls is the Latest Fashion Trend
Funny Photo Shows Baby Frowning At Doctor Trying To Make Her Cry
An Infant of a Mother With Virus Recovered from CoronaVirus without Meds
A Lonely Lighthouse Perfect for Surviving Any Apocalypse
A Puppy Who Can’t Walk Becomes Friends With a Pigeon Who Can’t Fly
Daredevil Tried Proving Earth Is Flat, Dies After Launching Himself in Homemade Rocket
Teacher Stumbles Upon an Adorable Sight of Three Baby Bears “Dancing” in the Forest
China to Ban Consumption and Trade of Wild Animals