- A teacher discovered that one of her students has an interesting alternative as a notebook.
- The young boy has gathered banana leaves and was using it to copy notes from his class.
- Sadly, the young man can’t afford a notebook but is still determined to get an education.
Most students have the luxury of having their school supplies being bought by their parents for them. Unfortunately, some children are not so lucky but one boy is determined not to let poverty get in his way. The young boy chose to improvise when he couldn’t afford a notebook. As an amazing alternative, he gathered banana leaves just so he could write down his notes in class.
Erlande Monter is a student at the Lianga National Comprehensive School in the Philippines who is determined to get an education. His diligence was proven when he couldn’t afford a notebook to write on. Instead, the clever boy decided to take some banana leaves and use them as his writing pad. The young man’s story was shared by his teacher Arcilyn Azarcon on Facebook.
According to Azarcon, she had instructed her students to start copying their notes. While looking around, he discovered Monter using the banana leaves. However, the boy was not embarrassed with his makeshift notebook. He even joked about his teacher checking on his notes to make sure he copied them properly.
Azarcon’s post has since gone viral and people are cheering on Monter for his ingenuity. Amazingly, the young student revealed that he is set on becoming a soldier when he grows up, which is why he wants to get a proper education. Although his family is poor, the boy is strongly determined not to let poverty get in the way of his dreams.
The student even added some cute doodles to his notes.
Monter’s story is truly an inspiration for anyone who thinks that being poor is a huge obstacle in reaching one’s dreams. Hopefully, the young student will continue to use his smarts in finally achieving his goals in life.
Learn more about Monter’s story below:
Guard Eats Junk Food With Rice So He Could Send Money to Family
The sacrifices a father is willing to make just to provide for his children’s needs.
- A Facebook user posted a heartbreaking story of a security guard from Southern Philippines.
- Apparently, the man eats junk food and rice everyday to provide for his family back home.
- The man hopes that once his children graduates in college, he will stop his unhealthy eating practice.
Plus-Sized Woman Loses Weight, Gets Crowned As Miss Great Britain
She was once obese. Now she’s a beauty queen!
- Jen Atkin just won as Miss Great Britain.
- To everyone's surprise, the 26-year-old beauty queen revealed she was once obese.
- Now an advocate of living a healthy lifestyle, Jen believes anyone can also lose weight and achieve their dreams if they're willing to work hard.
A Puppy Who Can’t Walk Becomes Friends With a Pigeon Who Can’t Fly
They always cuddle and have become inseparable.
- Lundy the Chihuaha was born with mobility problems linked to spinal damage.
- Hernan the pigeon is one of the rescue group's oldest residents.
- The foundation plans to make Lundy move himself by putting him on a wheelchair.
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding