“Art,” according to by English portrait artist Stuart Pearson Wright, “thrives on society – and society thrives on art.” This profound quote is perhaps more relevant today more than ever, especially since the power of social media helps artists spread their message to a broader audience with greater ease.
That’s why we’re grateful we came across the work of Steffen Kraft, an illustrator based in Germany mostly known by his online followers as Iconeo. Most of his drawings make people stop and think about where we are as a modern society, and the unfortunate reality is that things aren’t always pretty or ideal.
More importantly, his art encourages discussion among netizens about what we can all do to improve. Check out ICONEO’s thought-provoking illustrations here:
Look at what we’ve done to their home…
Sometimes people suffer because we’re all too busy to lend a hand.
Time is running out.
The sad reality of war.
Many of us fall victims to this.
Seeking validation through social media interactions.
Plastic – our common enemy.
This is sad!
In a recent Bored Panda feature, the German artist was asked about where he gets his ideas.
“I’m inspired by little things, like my pencil, a cup of coffee or toilet paper. These little objects are icons. Everybody knows them.”
A Communication Design degree holder in Germany, he also added that his goal has always been to “surprise” people “with simple ideas that they may not have thought about.”
Personally, I liked the drawings that carried messages about caring for mother nature. Hope we all do something about the problem before it’s too late.
Artist Creates Comic About Green Mermaid With A Surprising Ending
This is even better than ‘The Little Mermaid’!
- A web artist has created a compelling comic about a green mermaid.
- The story follows May the Mermaid of Lily Lake as she tries to save a young man from drowning.
- However, things are clearly not what they seem in this tale.
Artist Turns Popular Songs Into Hilarious Comics
I’ll never hear these lyrics the same way ever again!
- Hugleikur Dagssson, a cartoonist from Iceland, went viral because of his 'Popular Hits' comics.
- His hilarious work has been well-received online that he was featured on several websites such as 9GAG and BoredPanda, among others.
Artist Who Painted Portrait of Bill Clinton in Dress Found in Epstein’s Home Speaks Out
She also painted former president George W. Bush playing inside the White House.
- The artist who painted the Bill Clinton portrait found in Jeffrey Epstein's mansion has finally broken her silence.
- The painting called 'Parsing Bill' depicts the former president in a blue dress and red high heels and posing seductively.
- She revealed that she had also painted George W. Bush as part of her degree show at the New York Academy of Art.