- Sony is launching a tiny portable air conditioner that people can wear anywhere they go.
- Called the Reon Pocket, the tech is controllable via a smartphone app.
- The device is powered by a lithium-ion battery that can last up to 2 hours of use.
If you’re the type of person who hates the heat and wants to feel cool and comfortable wherever you go, this one’s perfect for you. As the reports tell us, Sony is currently working on their latest innovation, the Reon Pocket.
This little device, which is merely the same size as your wallet, is actually a wearable air conditioner that tucks neatly in the pocket of a special shirt.
No need to sweat under the scorching heat with the wearable Reon Pocket.
Apparently, Reon Pocket uses thermoelectric Peltier element, a tech often used for wine coolers.
There’s more to it than helping you beat the heat.
Another amazing feature of the device is that aside from keeping you cool when it’s warm, it can also do the exact opposite – provide you with heat during the colder months.
Reon Pocket’s features can be accessed and adjusted according to your preference using an app on your mobile device via Bluetooth. The device’s lithium ion battery requires a charging time of 90 minutes and it can last up to 2 hours so this is ideal for quick outdoor walks and not for a whole day under the sun.
As of this writing, the project has reached 100% of its crowdfunding goal through the First Flight program of Sony.
Watch this video to see how the tech works:
Once it hits the market, Reon Pocket will be sold for ¥14,080 (around US$130) but unfortunately, they will only be initially available in Japan.
For now we can only hope the tech gets well-received and it becomes available elsewhere.
New Mexico Chile Will Be The First Fruiting Plant To Be Grown In Space
NASA’s growing a garden aboard the ISS.
- Scientists at NASA have chosen the New Mexican chile as the first fruiting plant to be grown beyond the Earth's atmosphere.
- The chile plant is a hybrid between New Mexico seed and the Sandia seed.
- The fruit-bearing plant is scheduled to be launched to the ISS in March 2020.
Contact Lenses That Zoom If You Blink Twice Are Eyeglasses’ Endgame
If you want to see something closer, just blink twice.
- Scientists created contact lenses that can be controlled by the eyes' movements.
- These lenses can zoom in or out just by blinking your eyes.
- This invention can be used in remotely-operated robotics and visual prosthesis in the near future.
Chinese Scientists Succeed In Teleporting An Object Into Space For The First Time
“Beam me up, Scotty!”
- A team of researchers have just proven that teleportation actually exists.
- They were able to send an object from Earth into space through a process called quantum entanglement.
- At 300 miles, it is the longest distance that an object has been teleported using the process.
Like Us On Facebook
Scientists Discover First Antarctic Frog From 200 Million Years Ago
Trained Dogs in South Africa Saved 45 Rhinos from Poaching
Woman Sparks Outrage After She Complained About Finding Other People at the Beach She Went To
Teacher Takes Care of Student’s Newborn Baby Brother While Family Awaits COVID-19 Test Results
- News6 days ago
Anti-Parasitic Drug Killed COVID-19 Within 48 Hours, Australian Scientists Discovered
- People7 days ago
Woman Completes 20 Courses from Major Universities While In Quarantine
- People6 days ago
Parents Shocked After 8-Week-Old Baby Learns To Stand Up On Her Own
- News2 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”