- 16-year-old Selina Soule is claiming that transgender athletes are taking over women’s sports.
- According to Soule, its unfair how she and other female athletes have “lost opportunities” because of this problem.
- She has officially filed a complaint about the matter.
Selina Soule,16, is an athlete from Bloomfield, Connecticut. She has been aiming to make it to the New England regional 55-meter track competition but despite her best efforts, she failed to secure a spot – all because two biologically-born male athletes, who identify as females, defeated her.
Needless to say, she isn’t exactly happy about what happened. In fact, she took it upon herself to speak in behalf of other girls in sports to tell everyone about how they feel about competing with transgender contenders.
In the near future, women could be “completely eradicated from their own sports,” according to Selina Soule.
“I know that I’m not the only girl who has missed out on opportunities,” she said. “There are countless other girls who have lost meets, and titles, and their drive to compete as hard as they can because they know that they’ll never be good enough to compete against these athletes.”
Selina also added:
“Women have fought hard for many years to have a voice in sports and its highly upsetting to realize that no matter what you do and how hard you train, you will never be good enough.”
Now the teen has also sought the assistance of Alliance Defending Freedom and formally filed a complaint with the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights regarding the matter.
Watch this video to learn more about Selina’s advocacy:
Meanwhile, netizens who heard about Selina’s story had mixed reactions about it.
Although some were quick to praise her, others also ridiculed her saying it is “quite ironic” to think that women, who are always fighting for equality, are now implying they are a weaker gender through this issue.
On the other hand, there are also those who suggested that the solution tk the dilemma is to simply “create separate athletic events for transgenders.”
Ellen DeGeneres Lectures Critics About Kindness After Getting Bashed For Befriending George W. Bush
Mark Ruffalo wasn’t too happy about Ellen’s speech.
Who knew being friends with someone can generate so much social media backlash? That’s what happened to talk show host Ellen Degeneres when she was spotted hanging out with former US president George W. Bush and his wife while watching the Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers football game on Sunday.
Humanity Is A ‘Disease,’ Says Jason Momoa During UN Climate Speech
His remarks has since attracted mixed reactions from netizens.
- Hollywood actor and ocean activist Jason Momoa was invited to give a speech in front of world leaders during the United Nations' Small Islands Event.
- In his message, Momoa said humanity is "a disease" and the remark has since attracted mixed reactions from netizens across the world.
Barbie Introduces New Gender Neutral Doll Collection
The new doll line aims to embrace inclusivity.
- Barbie's new "Creatable World" line introduces gender neutral dolls for children.
- The dolls come with accessories that allow kids to change the toy from "boy, girl, neither or both."