- Glen and Rebecca Maxwell went viral after proving that weddings do not have to be expensive.
- The couple wore shirts and jeans on their big day.
- Netizens have since praised the pair for being practical and focusing on what matters most – the celebration of their love.
Weddings these days have mostly become extremely expensive. Just try asking any married couple about how much they’ve spent on their own wedding and you’d likely be shocked and surprised!
With that said, we’d be the first to say it’s always refreshing when we hear stories about couples who go against extravagant modern traditions to focus on what matters most – the love between the couple.
Meet the bride and groom!
Glen and Rebecca Maxwell recently gained a lot of attention after their wedding photos went viral on social media. As seen in the pictures, the couple skipped traditional gowns and tuxedos but instead wore shirts, jeans, and trainers on their big day. The couple rocked their comfy outfits not only during the ceremony but also in the reception.
According to the Maxwells, they’ve been planning their wedding since they got engaged in 2016. Like most couples, they were aiming for a grand celebration – and it got stressful as they had to do a lot of research and budgeting for everything.
One comment from Glen, however, changed all that when he suddenly told Rebecca one night:
“We could get married in jeans and T-shirts and I’d still love you.”
It was a light bulb moment for the pair!
So instead of having their wedding at a farm as they initially planned, they did it at the Darlington town hall instead. Afterwards, they proceeded to the Center Parcs Whinfell Forest for a simple dinner. They didn’t even have a fancy wedding cake since they only got some cupcakes and a sheet cake with their picture.
And yes, the practical couple also ditched the lengthy guest list and simply invited 40 of their close friends and family members.
As Rebecca shared:
“I want to show other brides that if they don’t have a big budget, it doesn’t matter… As long as you marry the person you love, surrounded by people you love, your day will be special.”
Supportive Great-Grandparents Dress Up For 5-Year-Old ‘Up’ Fan’s Birthday Photoshoot
This lucky kid has wonderful great-grandparents!
Over the years, Pixar has proven its appeal to both young and old movie fans. Audiences of all ages are always entertained by the colorful and heartwarming stories produced by the studio in the past and the present.
Female Students Enraged After Teacher Forcefully Wipes Off Their Make-Up
Was he too harsh or did he do the right thing?
- A Chinese teacher recently sparked outrage after he forcefully wiped off the makeup of female students before letting them enter the school.
- A representative defended that the school prohibits its students from wearing heavy make-up and that the teacher was only doing his job.
- Others, however, are calling out the teacher for the 'inappropriate' method.
Couple Finally Welcomes First Daughter – After Having 10 Sons!
Imagine the weekly laundry!
- The Bretts, the first family in Britain to have 10 sons in a row, finally welcomed their first daughter.
- Mommy Alexis is thrilled but is quick to add baby Cameron is definitely the last addition in the family!
Like Us On Facebook
Woman Bakes Heart-Shaped Macarons, They Ended Up Looking Like Something Else
Helicopters Drop Food For Hungry Animals Who Survived Australian Wildfire
Sweet Filipina Woman Proposes To Her Boyfriend – And He Said Yes!
People are Outraged at Wendy Williams for Mocking Joaquin Phoenix’s “Cleft Lip”