The future is scary, exciting, and unpredictable all at the same time. However, Science fiction books, films, and TV series have long attempted to predict the future of mankind.
Indeed, there have been countless cool inventions and gadgets brought to the world’s consciousness via movies, TV shows, and popular culture in general. Case in point, here are ten real-life inventions of 2018 that are inspired by Science fiction movies.
1. IRLGlasses. This pair will block radiation from screens.
2. The Tile Mate. It has a Bluetooth sensor so you can find your stuff easily.
3. Scribit. This is a painting robot that can create images on any vertical surface.
4. Myo. This armband controls your gesture and triggers actions based on your movements and muscle contractions.
5. Mirror. This program will turn any full-length mirrors into a personal gym.
6. SproutsIO. It allows you to make fresh produce in your very own kitchen.
7. CareOS. A mirror that analyzes your skin and helps your with your beauty regimen.
8. The Breaze Mask. This futuristic mask filters pollution, even the tiniest ones that you’re not even aware of.
9. OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode). This flexible TV set allows you to install it easily anytime and anywhere you want.
The OLED only weighs about 4.5 lbs. It has a magnetic backing for a quick and easy fix to your wall.
10. August Smart Lock. This product is a much safer and more effective way to lock your doors.
We were always curious about the future and all the things that it can offer to us in the present. Now, it is here. And so far, it appears to make things a lot easier for humankind.
Inventors create new things every single day. And while it appears that we have already figured everything out, there will be new products to be launched that will blow our minds even more.
No, These People Aren’t Real – They’re Just AI-Generated Images!
This tech is both fascinating and scary!
Yes, folks, you've read that headline right. Those pictures above - and the following you will see below - are NOT real people. They're just a bunch of photos generated by artificial intelligence!
It's a fascinating type of tech but somehow, it's also pretty scary if you think about it. The images look convincingly realistic that anyone would easily believe they're pictures of real human beings.
According to a report by PetaPixel, NVIDIA researchers have "published a new paper on easily customizing the style of realistic faces created by a generative adversarial network (GAN)." Yes, folks, you've read that headline right. Those pictures above - and the following you will see below - are NOT real people. They're just a bunch of photos generated by artificial intelligence! ...
Clever App Buzzes Phone When You Approach Places Where Women Made History
“Google knows as we do that it’s not that women don’t make history — it’s that we don’t honor them for it.”
What do your phone and feminism have in common? Once you download the new SPARK Movement Women on the Map Google Field Trip app, the answer will be everything.
The creators of the Women on the Map app are concerned that females who have made significant achievements don't get honored in the same way that men do. So SPARK, a girl-fueled feminist movement, is bringing women’s history into the digital age.
This Brilliant Guy Has The Perfect Solution To Reducing Plastic Waste
This will reduce the plastic problem and help farmers at the same time!
Plastic pollution is undeniably one of the biggest problems in the world today. Experts have warned us over and over about this and fortunately, some are coming up with brilliant solutions.
Case in point, this young entrepreneur from Indonesia has invented a great alternative to plastic that's now being hailed by many as a a real game-changer - seaweed packaging!