China is as mysterious as it is beautiful. It’s vastly different from the western world, and because of this, many facets of their culture are intriguing and eye-opening. With such a rich history filled with colorful events and personalities, China is definitely one of those countries you just have to visit while you still can.
We know you have already heard about The Great Wall of China (which, by the way, isn’t visible from space). But China has a lot more to offer in terms of art, architecture, and natural beauty. Just take a look at these 28 breathtaking sights you can see there.
1. These beautiful blossoms at Yuantouzhi, Wuxi
2. The hanging monastery just outside of Datong
3. The clear, blue waters of Jiuzhagou Valley in Northern Sichuan
4. The zig-zag road to the Tianmen Mountains
5. The gorgeous waterfalls at Libo County
6. This strategically built bridge connecting two caves in the Huangshan mountain range in Anhui
7. This secluded village surrounded by rice terraces in Southern China
8. This tranquil lake that looks like it's in a Scandinavian country, but is actually in Sichuan
9. The Tianzi (Son of Heaven) Mountain, which is named after the revolutionary Xiang Dakun
10. This port for small boats in Hangzhou, which transports you to a scene from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
11. These beautiful, blue terraces of hot springs at Huanglong
12. Mountains carved into rice terraces
13. The majestic and fearsome Dushanzi Grand Canyon, from which Mulan takes inspiration
14. The surreal stone structures at the Shilin Geopark
15. The rows of bamboos flanking the paved roads in Shunan Zhuhai National Park
16. These whimsically colorful rainbow mountains of the Zhangye Danxia landform
17. An abandoned fishing village Zhoushan that's been dominated by nature
18. The tiny town of Yangshuo, overlooking the Li River
19. The man-made Qiandao Lake, also known as the Thousand Island Lake
20. The 194-cave Buddhist Maijishan Grottoes, which lies on the main road between Central Asia and China
8 Helpful Tips to Keep You From Losing Your Luggage Ever Again
No more getting stranded on vacation without any clean underwear.
Losing your luggage while you’re traveling can really cramp your style in a major way. Imagine having no spare change of clothes while you wait for the airline to find wherever it was they shipped your bags off to.
Air transport communication and information technology specialist, SITA reports there were 24.1 million lost and mishandled bags in 2014 alone.
That’s 7.3 bags per 1,000 airline passengers!
An Indian Couple Gets Banned from Nepal Over Fake Everest Photos
The couple is banned from climbing any mountain in Nepal for ten years.
An Indian couple is banned from climbing any mountain in Nepal for ten years after they were found to have faked their Everest photos.
Dinesh Rathod and his wife allegedly faked their Everest photos
The Indian couple, Dinesh Rathod and his wife, claimed that they reached the peak of Everest on May 23rd. Nepal's Tourism Department initially verified their claim. However, upon closer inspection of their supposed photos, it was found that they superimposed their faces and the Indian flag on another mountaineer's photos. ...
Live Out Your Creative Desert Fantasy in These Sci-Fi Pod Cabins
Have you ever wanted to camp out in the desert sci-fi style? This encampment will fulfill that dream!
Have you ever wanted to feel like a cast member of a sci-fi movie? How about wanting to feel like you're exploring an unknown alien landscape with no one else but your trusty sleeping pod? Andrea Zittel has just the thing for you.
This isn't a sci-fi set. It's an encampment for creative people looking to live out their desert fantasy.
Artist Andrea Zittel has created micro-cabins that artists and creatives can use to camp out in the middle of nowhere for some hardcore inspiration gathering. Andrea installed ten of these metallic pods called A-Z Wagon Stations as part of the Wagon Station Encampment, which is an experimental temporary residence for creatives....