- Pedro the box turtle lost both of his hind legs and was having trouble getting around.
- It is unclear how Pedro lost his legs but his owner was worried it would affect the turtle’s life.
- Luckily, the veterinarians decided to build a LEGO wheelchair for the adventurous little turtle.
We usually read about handicapped dogs or cats being fitted with a wheelchair to help them move around faster. But have you heard about the turtle who lost two of his hind legs? The veterinarians found a truly clever way to keep the little turtle rolling. They made a special wheelchair for him made out of LEGO.
Pedro the box turtle was already missing a hind leg when his owner took him in. However, that didn’t stop the little turtle from getting adventurous. At one point, Pedro ran away from home. Although we’ll never know what he did on that particular adventure, it did lead to Pedro losing his other hind leg as he crawled back home.
Pedro the turtle shows off his awesome new LEGO wheelchair.
Unsure of how they could help their pet, Pedro’s owner brought him to Louisiana State University’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Baton Rouge. Interestingly, the vets announced that Pedro is perfectly healthy but he does seem rather accident-prone.
“There was nothing medically wrong with him,” LSU’s School of Veterinary Medicine communications manager Ginger Guttner said of Pedro. “But of course he didn’t have any back legs, so our doctors quickly had to figure out what they were going to do.”
The brilliant idea came from a zoological intern who purchased a LEGO car kit from a toy store. The vets then took the wheels, attached it to parts of a syringe with animal-friendly epoxy, and glued it onto Pedro. The result is both clever and adorable.
With his new wheelchair, there is little doubt that Pedro will be a lot faster than other turtles. Hopefully, he will not be using his new wheels to go off on another adventure.
Learn more about the awesome story below:
Awesome Kid Makes Bow Ties For Shelter Dogs To Help Them Get Adopted
Even Barack Obama is impressed with this young boy with a heart of gold!
- A young boy named Sir Darius Brown has been making dapper bow ties for shelter animals out of his own pocket.
- The bow ties have been quite effective in making sure dogs and cats who live in animal shelters can find their forever homes.
- Former President Barack Obama has expressed his support for the adorable cause.
Homeless Guy Sells Lime So He Can Feed Street Cats
“I’m fine with skipping meals, but the cats need to eat.”
- Loong Dum of Thailand recently went viral on social media for his inspiring kindness to stray cats.
- Despite being homeless, Loong sells lime and spends his earnings feeding stray cats.
Christian Church Earns Love and Respect For Its Signs Promoting Equality
“Our message is that God loves all people… especially those who are often marginalized by religion.”
- The Clackamas United Church of Christ recently went viral for the signs outside their building.
- The signs, created by Pastor Adam Eriksen, promotes love and equality for all.