- The Datsun fetched $310,000 (£240,450) at an online auction.
- It was described as “the most original Datsun 240Z in existence.”
- The car was kept in pristine condition and still retained most of its original parts.
Even those who do not know much about cars know that a Lamborghini costs way more than a Nissan, or any other Japanese car for that matter. But an old-model Nissan was recently bought for more than the worth of a brand-new Lamborghini.
The old Nissan in question is actually a vintage Datsun 240Z, which is almost 50 years old and was kept in pristine condition. The ride was listed on Bring a Trailer online auction site and fetched $310,000 (£240,450) on February 5. In comparison, a new Lamborghini costs around $200,000.
The car that’s worth more than a brand new Lambo.
The five bidders fought fiercely for the Datsun. They were willing to pay at least $170,000 for the vintage car. Normally, the car can be purchased at just around $50,000.
So, what made this old Nissan so special? It was its near-perfect state, which a valuation information analyst at Hagerty (an insurance company that specializes in classic car insurance) described as “the most original Datsun 240Z in existence.”
Here’s the lowdown on the Datsun’s value:
It only has 21,750 miles on the odometer (which equals to roughly 435 miles per year over the course of the vehicle’s life).
The exterior is impeccable; it was only driven on sunny conditions. The paint job – with the white rocker stripes – is all original.
The interior is just as immaculate – with brown vinyl upholstery, z-branded floors to match.
The arm rests, rear panels, and seat belts still sport the original protective plastic.
The distributor is the only thing altered in the car. It was converted to electronic ignition. It still has its original 2.4-litre inline-six engine.
According to Bring a Trailer, an owner of a Datsun dealership kept the vehicle and gave it to his dentist son as a graduation present. The car was barely driven over the years. When the dentist passed away, a friend purchased the car, along with his dental practice.
Adele Flaunts Fit Figure As She Rocks Tight Gym Clothes
The “Hello” singer looks very different now!
- Singer-songwriter Adele has rapidly lost her weight, as evidenced by recent photos.
- A recent viral picture shows her wearing tight-fitting workout clothes, leaving a gym in Los Angeles.
- Fans are inspired by her massive weight loss and many are saying they are happy for the "Rolling In The Deep" star.
Independent Dog Commutes Alone to Play in a Dog Park Everyday
All by herself, Eclipse rides the bus to play in the dog park at Downtown Seattle, Washington.
- Eclipse, a bright independent dog, rides bus everyday to play in the dog park and make friends with other dogs.
- Through a bus pass attached to his collar, she waits and rides the bus going to Downtown Seattle in Washington.
- All of the bus drivers and policemen know her and enjoy her daily presence.
- She also made friends with regular bus riders.
Woman Claims Not Drinking Water for 1 YEAR Made Her Much Healthier
“You don’t need water to stay hydrated, it really just makes you feel bloated.”
- Sophie Partik, 35, says dry fasting has significantly improved her health.
- According to the woman from Bali, Indonesia, she hadn't drank any water for a year and now she feels healthier as a result.
Like Us On Facebook
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
U.S. Now Leads the Number of Coronavirus Cases in the World
Service Dog in Training Serves as Stress Reliever for ER Doctors