- Neal Browning, a volunteer for Moderna’s vaccine trials, described that getting injected felt similar to a flu shot.
- He said he did not experience any side effects aside from having a “slightly sore arm.”
As we get closer and closer to a publicly-available cure against the coronavirus, one of the first volunteers in the Moderna Inc trials has shared the side effect of receiving the vaccine.
Asked what it felt like, he said that he experienced no issues aside from “waking up with a slightly sore arm” so people really have nothing to worry about.
46-year-old Neal Browning, the second human to be injected with the Moderna vaccine.
In an interview with Good Morning Britain, he explained:
“Because I was in the early trial they went ahead and gave us the dose and had us stay in the clinic for an hour or so to make sure there was no really adverse reactions as this had previously not been given to animals, let alone humans.
It’s similar to a flu shot.
“The second injection was four weeks late,” he continued. “Both times I experienced no issues other than waking up with a sore arm – very slightly sore – the next morning. Just like a regular flu shot.”
“The risks seem minimal compared to what the benefits to the world could do,” Browning likewise pointed out. “There’s no chance of actually catching Covid-19 from this because there’s no part of the virus in this vaccine.”
Browning also clarified that he did not receive any compensation from the Massachusetts-based biotechnology company since he presented himself as a volunteer for the project.
Meanwhile, Moderna said that initial analysis of the experimental vaccine shows it is “nearly 95 percent effective at preventing illness, including severe cases,” reported the WashingtonPost.
Watch this interview to learn more:
Covid-19 Emerged In Italy As Early As SEPTEMBER 2019, Says New Research
The new information may “reshape” the virus’ timeline as we know it, according to experts.
- A new research by the Milan Institute of Cancer and the University of Siena revealed that Covid-19 emerged in Italy as early as September 2019.
- The researchers described the discovery as "an unexpected very early circulation" of the virus.
- The new findings may "reshape" the pandemic's history as we know it.
Elon Musk Claims COVID-19 Is ‘Extremely Bogus’ After He’s Tested Positive and Negative On The Same Day
He said that he has “typical cold” symptoms.
- The Tesla chief expressed his doubts about the accuracy of the tests on Twitter.
- Some are accusing Musk of being "irresponsible" by saying that the coronavirus tests may be unreliable.
- He said that he has "typical cold' symptoms but apart from that, he has no other symptoms that could be linked to COVID-19.
Thousands Call For Help After Massive Flooding Trap People in Cagayan, Philippines
“Our local government do not have enough manpower to rescue,” lamented a local resident.
- Typhoon Vamco (Ulysses) wreaked havoc in the Philippines, submerging thousands of homes in Cagayan.
- Concerned netizens made noise on social media to share pleas for help as residents ended up getting trapped in their homes or stuck in their rooftops because of massive flooding.
Awesome Family Gathers Over 5,000 Christmas Gifts For Needy Families
Woman Gets Tattooed From Head to Toe, Spends Almost £20,000
Job Applicant Gets Rejected 5 Minutes After Entering The Building
China Launches World’s First-Ever 6G Satellite in Orbit
Culture4 days ago
Girl, 13, Forced To Marry 48-Year-Old Man And Cares For His Kids Who Are The Same Age As Her
OMG7 days ago
Pet Groomer Accidentally Cuts Off Poor Dog’s Tongue During A Hair Cut
OMG6 days ago
23 Micro Cameras Hidden In The Most Unexpected Places
Entertainment5 days ago
More Than 1 Million Fans Want Amber Heard Fired From Aquaman 2