- Nancy Torrelino Boroc of Calbayog, Samar was barred from entering the Bureau of Internal Revenue office.
- The security guard told her wearing shorts isn’t allowed there and she has to comply – even if she was born without legs.
- Nancy later shared about the bizarre experience on Facebook and it went viral from there.
A woman born without legs recently went viral on social media after sharing how she experienced discrimination upon visiting a government office. 27-year-old Nancy Torrelino Boroc of Samar, Philippines always wears shorts because of a congenital orthopedic disability.
So you can just imagine her shock and surprise when she and her boyfriend were stopped by a security guard as they were about to enter the Calbayog office of Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR). The reason? She was wearing shorts.
According To Nancy, the guard told her that wearing shorts isn’t allowed in the place, citing a “new memorandum.”
She asked if that included her, considering her physical condition, and the guard rudely said there are no exceptions, even if she was wearing shoes.
Nancy would eventually take her frustration online by writing about it on Facebook.
Her post reads:
“He knows I don’t have feet and I can only wear shorts because I’m a PWD (person with a disability). How can I wear long pants? What can they not understand?”
Nancy and her boyfriend decided to head home instead and later returned in the afternoon to “try our luck again,” she said in a Coconuts Manila interview. This time, the same security officer didn’t stop them from entering. When they got inside, Nancy noticed other people were wearing shorts and slippers anyway!
Despite the incident, Nancy did not file a complaint against the government office. In her social media post, she said she only wants to raise awareness about the discrimination that people with disabilities experience on a regular basis.
The post immediately went viral and numerous netizens have since expressed support for Nancy. Many also pointed out that what the guard did was obviously wrong.
“Let’s speak to that guard. I’m mad,” one commenter wrote.
So far, BIR Calbayog has not issued any statements regarding the incident.
Clever Duck Helps Little Boy Retrieve Lost Slipper
The heroic duck refused to give up until the slipper was returned to its owner!
- A clever duck proved that it is just as smart as any dog when it helped a little boy retrieve his lost slipper.
- The white duck struggled to collect the slipper that had fallen down a ravine.
- Nevertheless, it continued trying to pick up the slipper and return it to its worried owner.
Trans Woman Gets Arrested For Using Women’s Restroom In The Philippines
She only wanted to pee. She ended up in handcuffs instead.
- Transgender woman Gretchen Diez, 28, ended up getting arrested by cops because she used the women's restroom in a mall.
- The said incident went viral on social media and now Diez has officially filed complaint for how she was treated.
Mia Khalifa Reveals She Only Earned $12,000 From Doing Porn
The former adult film star says she was only paid $1,000 for the infamous hijab scene!
- Mia Khalifa continues to be one of the most popular adult film stars despite her retirement in 2014.
- However, the former actress claims she only earned $12,000 throughout her brief career.
- Khalifa also admitted that she decided to stop doing adult films after the infamous hijab scene.
Like Us On Facebook
Daredevil Tried Proving Earth Is Flat, Dies After Launching Himself in Homemade Rocket
Teacher Stumbles Upon an Adorable Sight of Three Baby Bears “Dancing” in the Forest
A Puppy Who Can’t Walk Becomes Friends With a Pigeon Who Can’t Fly
Teen Girl Shares Sad Story of Living In The Wuhan Outbreak
Is Quaden Bayles Really 18 Years Old and His Bullying Story a Scam?
Woman Captures Powerful “Eye of the Storm” Photo When Storm Ciara Subsided
Calf Born on Valentine’s Day Has a Perfect Heart-Shaped Mark on Her Forehead
Slim 3-Feet-Wide House Separates Two Churches in Portugal