- A viral video taken in Indonesia made rounds on the internet lately.
- The clip showed several people on the beach riding the back of a distressed leatherback turtle.
- According to WWF, these turtles are vulnerable and are considered endangered.
A disturbing footage recently went viral in social media where we see several people riding on the back of a poor sea turtle. Not surprisingly, the clip has sparked anger from netizens everywhere.
According to reports, the incident happened in Indonesia’s Asukweri beach. The leatherback turtle was spotted crawling to the area to lay an egg. But alas, young and adult locals took turns getting on the animals back.
This leatherback sea turtle has been treated cruelly by locals at Asukweri Beach in Indonesia.
The viral video shows a man sitting on the turtle’s back while people around him just simply looked over. Later on, another guy carried a kid onto it, joining someone else who was munching on a snack while on top of the turtle. As if all that wasn’t enough, a man wearing was also seen then holding its flippers and then standing on them.
To make matters worse, leatherback turtles are considered endangered species.
Leatherback turtles are the biggest turtle species and they can grow to about 8.9 feet. Despite their size, however, they remain to be vulnerable to different types of danger – especially to plastic bags thrown in the oceans, which they eat, thinking they are jellyfish.
In a post in their official website, the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) also indicated that while these turtles have “survived” for millions of years, they are now currently “facing extinction” as their population have continuously declined.
You can watch the video here:
Netizens took it to social media to express their displeasure towards what happened. For example, a YouTube user wrote:
“Just shows how many people lack common sense. No respect. No morals, raising their young to be just as ignorant as they are.”
As of this writing, authorities have yet to make a statement about the incident.
Vegan Woman In Cow Costume ‘Mourns’ For Meat Products In Supermarket
Apparently, the bizarre stunt was done to send a message about animal rights.
- A woman dressed as a cow has been spotted in a Woolworths store in Perth, Australia.
- A member of vegan group Direct Action Everywhere, the woman was seen 'mourning' for the meat products sold at the supermarket.
- The bizarre stunt has been met by mixed reactions from netizens.
Students in Vietnam Need To Be Carried In Plastic Bags Across Flooded River To Go To School
They go through all this just to attend their classes!
- The young students of a Vietnamese village need to cross a river to get to their school.
- When the river is flooded, they need to be ferried across the dangerous waters by the village's stronger men.
- The children are placed inside plastic bags and carried across the strong current.
Handsome Goat Captures Netizens’ Hearts For Looking Like A K-Pop Idol
How is this goat prettier than me?!
- A farmer from Malaysia shared some photos of his 'handsome goat' on Facebook as a joke.
- However, people couldn't get enough of Remos, who clearly knows how to pose and smile for the camera.
- The goat has even been compared to several good-looking K-Pop stars.