We’ve all heard about the importance of wearing seatbelts and this story will definitely emphasize that all over again. Kailee Mills, a 16-year-old girl from Houston, lost her life after a tragic car crash – all because she took her seatbelt off to take a selfie.
According to reports, Kailee and her three friends were driving to a party when she decided to unbuckle so they can take a group picture. A few seconds, however, the vehicle rolled over after it was hit by a speeding car.
Kailee Mills, 16, took her seat belt off – and a horrifying car accident happened a few seconds later.
According to authorities, the car lost control and accidentally hit the vehicle of Kailee and her friends. All the girls were spared – except Kailee since she didn’t have her seat belt on.
Kailee flew out of the vehicle and died on the spot.
David Mills, father of Kailee, shared:
“The car went off the road. She was ejected and she died instantly. All the other kids in the car, they had their seat belts on and they all survived with very little injury.
“Our daughter would be here today if she had been wearing her seat belt.”
The Kailee Mills Foundation has since been founded to help remind people about the importance of wearing seat belts.
In a media interview, David explained why they started the foundation. He said:
“It doesn’t matter if you’re going a mile or 100 miles. Everyone always questions why? Why did this happen?
“And we’re never going to know the answer to that, but we know we can do something positive and I think that’s what she would want us to do.”
The foundation is on a mission to help save people by preventing seat belt-related deaths.
Their mission statement reads:
“Car accidents are the leading cause of death in this country for people aged one to 54, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
“Each one of those fatalities leaves behind family and friends who must find the strength to carry on without them, and that deep loss is difficult and painful beyond words.
“We want our daughter’s story to serve as a reminder to others about the importance of wearing seat belts. Our goal is to prevent other families from having to go through the same pain and loss that we are going through, and carry out Kailee’s legacy in a way that she would have wanted by helping others.
“We chose to honour our daughter by focusing our energy on something positive and raise awareness about the importance of seat belt use.”
To lean more about the Kailee Mills Foundation, you can check out their official website.
Family Discovers Safe Hidden Beneath The Floor By Previous Owner
Buying a pre-owned house can bring you surprises.
While buying a pre-owned house has its own set of disadvantages as compared to having a new one constructed, there is no denying that it is more practical for certain people. Practicality aside, though, moving to a house that has been previously owned can offer its new owners surprises, either a pleasant or shocking one.
A family from Boca Raton, Florida was recently fixing a tile in their closet when they discovered that one of the previous owners of the house they moved into had kept some secret behind: A safe beneath a piece of a floor tile. While the father and her daughter tried some number combinations to unlock the safe with the hope that it contains some gold bars or a huge amount of money, all their efforts ended in smoke.
One of the perks of buying a pre-owned house is discovering hidden surprises intentionally or inadvertently left by the previous owners.
Mom Unknowingly Serves Her Children With Inappropriately-Shaped Pasta
“Mom of the Year award most definitely does not go to me,” she said.
A young mother from Dunstable in the United Kingdom recently went viral after she mistakenly fed her children with some odd-shaped pasta. As you can tell from the photo above, the food looks inappropriate.
24-year-old mom Rebecca Brett went shopping at the market when her 3-year-old daughter Ava asked her to buy a bag of “smiley-face” pasta and so she did. It was already too late when she eventually realized the blunder.
That’s no smiley-faced pasta!
Miracle Gone Wrong After Priest Gets Terribly Burned During Religious ‘Hot Coal’ Ritual
Warning: Graphic photos and video ahead.
This is one scary moment when one priest in India who up having 60% of his legs burned while performing a ritual in front of an audience. Everything was captured on film and the terrifying video eventually went viral on social media.
According to reports, Vijay Kumar suffered 60 percent burns in his body after the incident. Apparently, he lost his balance while doing the stunt at a festival held in the Sri Revanasiddeshwara temple in the Ramanagara district of Karnataka, India.
Vijay Kumar ran on burning coal during a religious festival – but he accidentally tripped along the way.
Like Us On Facebook
Slim 3-Feet-Wide House Separates Two Churches in Portugal
Calf Born on Valentine’s Day Has a Perfect Heart-Shaped Mark on Her Forehead
Awful Genetics Caused the Extinction of the Last Mammoths on Earth
Is Quaden Bayles Really 18 Years Old and His Bullying Story a Scam?
A “Prophet” in Malawi Allegedly Sells Soap That Can Wash Away Your Sins
Heartbreaking Video Shows Bullied Kid With Dwarfism Begging Mom For Rope To Kill Himself
After Seeing Heartbreaking Video of Bullied Boy, Comedian Raises Over $150,000 To Send Him to Disneyland
Here’s How China Managed to Build a 400,000-Square Feet Hospital in Just 7 Days