- Vietnam is evacuating 80,000 people – who are mostly tourists -from the city of Da Nang after 3 locals tested positive of Covid-19.
- The government has also ramped up its efforts to conduct contact tracing and testing.
The government of Vietnam is taking drastic measures to prevent a potential new outbreak. According to latest reports, 3 new local transmissions of the coronavirus has been detected in the country and now they’re evacuating 80,000 tourists and residents from a resort located in Da Nang City.
The new confirmed cases of the dreaded disease marks as the first ones after the numbers dropped down to zero after 100 days. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc commanded immediate contact tracing efforts and widespread testing.
Life has returned to normal in Vietnam since April – and that recently changed after local transmissions were discovered again.
The borders of Da Nang has since been shut down for inbound domestic tourists. Meanwhile, 80,000 people – who are mostly tourists themselves – will be evacuated through domestic flights to 11 cities in the country in the next 4 days and those returning from Da Nang will have to undergo a mandatory 14-day home quarantine.
Authorities have also reminded the public to observe strict social distancing measures and wear masks in public places. Large gatherings of over 30 people have also been banned in the city.
Vietnam has often been praised by the international community for its success in managing the coronavirus crisis.
The country has earned a good reputation for its swift action in implementing restrictions as well as boosting its contact tracing and testing efforts.
In April, the country has only recorded a total of 300 Covid-19 cases and 0 deaths so far.
Currently based in Hanoi, Dr Todd Pollack of Harvard’s Partnership for Health Advancement in Vietnam said:
“When you’re dealing with these kinds of unknown novel potentially dangerous pathogens, it’s better to overreact.”
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit director Prof Guy Thwaites likewise pointed out:
“It very, very quickly acted in ways which seemed to be quite extreme at the time but were subsequently shown to be rather sensible.”
Fake COVID-19 “Negative” Test Results Sold in Various Asian Countries
Illegal selling of fake COVID-19 test results reported in Philippines, Bangladesh and Thailand.
- At least three Asian countries have reported an incidence of falsified COVID-19 test results being sold illegally.
- In April 2020, a man in Bangkok, Thailand was arrested for selling fake medical certificates for the price of 1000 baht.
- In July 16, 2020, a clinic owner in Dhaka, Bangladesh was also arrested for thousands of false results issued to patients.
- Most recently, police raided a printing shop in Quezon City, Philippines that sells fake COVID-19 medical certificates last July 23.
COVID-19 Vaccines May Be Available By January 2021, U.S. Said
“Having a vaccine by January 2021 is doable if things fall in the right place” said Dr. Anthony Fauci.
- As countries scramble to be the first one to find a cure for the dreaded COVID-19, the United States said that they may release their vaccine by January 2021.
- This news comes after finding encouraging results on the early stages of a coronavirus vaccine clinical trial in Seattle.
- So far, the 45 participants during the second phase experienced "no major side effects".
Doctor Disproves Myth That Wearing Masks Reduces Oxygen Levels in the Body
Does wearing a face mask lower your oxygen levels? This doctor has the answer!
- Dr. Maitiu O Tuathail has been asked by numerous patients if wearing a mask can have an effect on a person's intake of oxygen.
- He posted a 70-second video where he can be seen standing next to an oxygen meter. He then puts on six masks, one after the other to do an eye-opening demonstration.
- According to a recent analysis, countries where wearing masks is common have considerable smaller outbreaks compared to countries where wearing masks is not the norm.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
People Are Advised To Have Sεx With Masks On And Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’