- Family psychologist John Rosemond said children should not the “the most important” members of the family.
- Husbands and wives should focus more on their relationship than their children, he said.
As parents, we couldn’t help but always think about our children. We take care of them, we provide for their needs, we give them life advice, and we ensure their safety from the moment we open our eyes in the morning until that time when we finally take a good rest at night.
Simply said, our beloved sons and daughters are among our top priorities in life and rightfully so. We love them much and yes, they’re our responsibility in the first place.
Despite that, however, family psychologist John Rosemond is reminding parents that children should never be considered as the most important members of the family.
This may raise some eyebrows and others may immediately disagree but in an article published in Naples Daily News, he wrote:
“Many if not most of the problems [parents] are having with their kids…are a result of treating their children as if they, their marriage, and their family exist because of their kids when it is, in fact, the other way around.”
Rosemond further argued that raising our children as the most important family members only leads to them growing up as entitled individuals – which, of course, is exactly not what parents want.
For this reason, Rosemond encouraged couples to give greater attention to their marriage than their children.
He then recalled his childhood, sharing that he and his siblings never slept on their parents’ bed nor did they interrupt conversations because they witness how their father and mother truly valued their relationship with each other.
“The most important person in an army is the general,” he continued. “The most important person in a corporation is the CEO… And the most important person in the family are the parents.”
You can read the full article here:
Vatican to Discuss About Allowing Married Men As Priests
Apparently, the church is currently facing a shortage of priests in some areas.
- A Vatican-issued document has confirmed that Roman Catholic leadership is considering a historic change.
- According to the proposal, married men should be allowed to serve as priests in remote Amazon areas to address clergy shortage.
- The proposal is set the be discussed at the Vatican this October.
Ice Age Wolf Head Discovered In Siberia Possibly Severed By Ancient Hunters
Was the head chopped off as a trophy or a sacrifice?
- The gigantic wolf's head was perfectly preserved in the Siberian permafrost although it was severed around 40,000 years ago.
- Although it is believed that the ice had decapitated the wolf, a new report points out it may have been killed by ancient hunters.
- If this is proven, it would be the first evidence of humans living in the area during the Ice Age.
7 Interesting Photos That Tell Profound Stories
A picture indeed paints a thousand words – and the stories behind these images are truly interesting.
Some stories are too complicated to tell with words as some emotions are too difficult to express verbally. Sometimes, photos explain them better.