- John and Phyllis Cook just got married – he’s 100 and she’s 102.
- The couple has been dating for almost a year before they finally decided to tie the knot.
- Their sweet love story went viral online and has become an inspiration to many.
They say finding true love can take some time and we definitely can say that about this couple who recently made headlines because of their unique love story. Well as you can tell from this article’s title, yes, a 100-year-old just decided to marry the love of his life – who is about to turn 103 next month.
John and Phyllis live in a senior living facility in Ohio, and they fell in love with each other. After dating for about a year, the two decided it was time to get married.
Meet the lovebirds: John, 100, and Phyllis, 102.
After getting a marriage license from the courthouse, they were told it’s possible to marry them on the spot and so they went for it.
In a CNN feature, John, who is a World War II veteran, shared, “It wasn’t the plan, but we got here and they said, ‘we could marry you here.'”
So that’s exactly what they did.
Love is sweeter – the third time around?
Meanwhile, Phyllis said that while the idea of falling in love may seem “a little bit farfatched for somebody (their) age,” they really fell for each other, realizing they were truly compatible in many ways.
John and Phyllis have each lost two spouses throughout their lives but say they are both grateful they eventually found each other.
Now watch this video report by WDIV:
The couple’s story went viral on social media after it was picked up by multiple news sources. Netizens all over the globe loved the Cook’s romantic tale and some are even pointing out the pair is a proof that it’s never too late to find true love for anyone.
Beauty Contestant Does Science Experiment In Talent Round, Wins Miss Virginia Title
She’s definitely got beauty and brains!
- 24-year-old Camille Schrier recently joined and won the Miss Virginia 2019 competition.
- During the talent round, Schrier conducted a science experiment known as the Elephant Toothpaste reaction.
- Schrier is currently pursuing a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree and will represent Virginia in the Miss America 2019 pageant.
Guy Never Wears Modern Fashion – Just Clothes From The 1820s!
As a result, he’s been receiving “many marriage proposals” from women.
- Since he was 14, Zack Pinsent has rejected modern fashion trends and preferred 1820s clothing.
- Now 25 years old, Zack still stands out from the crowd by rocking vintage fashion.
Butterfly Lands On Father’s Hand During Heartwarming Tribute To Late Daughter At A Wedding
“Vanessa was with us there and throughout the night!”
- A couple decided to pay tribute to the groom's late sister during their wedding.
- Butterflies were released by the groom's parents to honor their daughter but the butterflies refused to fly away.
- The butterflies stayed throughout the ceremony and one even landed on the groom's father's hand.
Like Us On Facebook
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
WHO Wants Us To Stay Home and Play Video Games During COVID-19 Pandemic
Dutch Hospitals Recall “Defective” China-Made Masks
Smokers Have Higher Risk Of Contracting The Deadly COVID-19, Says Doctor
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare