- Several mosques in Jakarta, Indonesia defied the appeal of local officials to suspend public prayers for two weeks, amidst efforts to curb the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Reporters from The Strait Times visited some mosques in Jakarta and said that muslims attended the prayers and it was “full house.”
- Some worshippers explained their decision to attend the massive gathering, believing that “Life and death is in God’s hands”.
Despite threats of the continued spread of the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19), faithfuls of Allah pushed through with their public massive prayer held in different mosques in Jakarta, Indonesia. The simultaneous prayer gatherings happened despite Indonesia’s efforts to emphasize the importance of social distancing.
The muslim faithfuls defied Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan’s recent “moral call” to all mosques to cancel their prayers for two weeks. In a report by The Strait Times, their team visited some major mosques in Jakarta and found that two largest mosques, Al-Azhar Great Mosque and Nurul Yaqin Mosque, were still open and operating. Faithfuls were still there on the floor, kneeling and praying, and with little distance between each other.
The Nurul Yaqin Mosque, on the other hand, was “full house,” The Strait Times reported. This was due to the closure of a nearby mosque, Jami’ Nurul Hidayah, the only mosque that complied with Baswedan’s plea.
“Muslims should not be afraid of CoronaVirus, going to a mosque. If we get infected at a mosque and die, we die nobly,” a worshipper told The Strait Times .
A day before the huge gathering, Baswedan made an announcement telling all Jakarta locals not to attend nor organize any worship services for both Muslims and Christians.
Baswedan’s order was made after Indonesia President Joko Widodo imposed measures on social distancing.
“If you want to keep others safe, to keep yourself safe, act responsibly. Acting responsibly is to stay home,to do prayers at home,” Baswedan said.
Indonesia is the fourth most populous country, trailing behind China, India, and the United States.
So far, Indonesia has reported a total of 369 confirmed coronavirus cases and 32 deaths. The Widodo administration has been criticized for not conducting mass testing for the people, citing only 1,529 Indonesians received testing kits.
Americans Are Hoarding Guns Amid Spread of Coronavirus Pandemic
While some are stocking up on toilet paper, others are lining up for guns.
- Buyers in the United States are lining up at gun stores to get their own firearms and ammunition.
- According to some, they want to prepare for the unexpected, amid the spread of coronavirus in the country.
- Authorities, however, disagree that hoarding guns would help solve the health problem.
Thousands of College Students Gather in Miami Beaches Despite Covid-19 Warnings
“If I get corona, I get corona. I’m not going to let it stop me from partying.”
- Thousands of college students flocked to Miami beaches over the spring break.
- This is despite the warnings of health authorities and government officials about the dangers of large gatherings, amidst the spread of coronavirus.
- A male student said he's not going to let the disease stop him from "partying."
Coronavirus Predicted to Last Until 2021 in the UK, With Almost 8 Million Hospitalized
This is the worst case scenario.
- The report predicted that the virus will remain until spring next year.
- Around 80 percent will be affected, which is the worst case scenario.
- They are hopeful that treatment will be available by the time the virus "peaks" to lessen the number of cases and deaths.
Like Us On Facebook
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
Pregnant Elephant Dies After Eating Pineapple Stuffed With Firecrackers
Cleveland Volcano Eruption Detected, Aviation Color Code Raised to Orange
Italy’s Sicily Island Is Offering To Pay Half And A Third Of Your Flight And Hotel Expenses
Sheriff Takes Off Riot Gear as Protesters Cheer “Walk With Us”, So He Did
Most Riots, Fires, And Looting Are NOT Caused by George Floyd Protesters, Says Authorities
Gun Store Owner Shoots and Kills Looters To Defend His Shop
Clever Bookshelf Can Be Reassembled Into A Coffin After The Owner’s Death
- Interesting4 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG4 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- News6 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”
- OMG7 days ago
Scary Video Shows Alligator Climbing A Fence